• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Share Your Photos Here!

Staff

Android Expert
Have you taken any awesome photos with your smartphone lately?
  • Share a recent photo you've taken with your smartphone
  • Tell us what phone you used to take the photo
  • Like your favorite photos
Let's see whose on top of their Smartphone snapping skills!

I'll bite! :)

But as noted elsewhere, I don't use my phones for real photos, nor do I care about their cameras' specs, etc. If you're interested in seeing some of my real photos, taken with my Nikon cameras, please visit peafowl, plants, other stuff in my yard!

So here's a pic of my favorite subject, Joy Noelle, sound asleep on her favorite piece of furniture: me!

JoyNoelle_snoozing_on_Mommy.jpg

Speaking of furniture, here's a quickly-taken shot of my helper's dog--sleeping on the oversized chair in the living room. I had to snap quickly because--even though she's never been scolded for getting up there--she apparently feels guilty, and gets down as soon as she realizes a human has entered the room:

sleeping_042920.jpg

The Darling Bride is spoiled by my popcorn... on movie nights, I make my Old School Movie Theater Popcorn (which no one can get anymore in movie theaters). Of course, it may not be presented to the Darling Bride until approved by her official tasters. Here they are Lucy and Isabella, awaiting the finished product

Popcorn_Inspector_Dogs_200423.jpg

Here's a couple I took this morning, covid saturday, phone is a OnePlus 7
IMG_20200502_092642.jpg
2020-05-02_094701_0.jpg

Original and edited with acut:

Another from no-fun covid saturday, original and edited with snapseed from OnePlus 7:
IMG_20200502_093239.jpg
IMG_20200502_093239-02.jpeg

What a beautiful area! I love the trees lining the street.

It may be a no-fun COVID-19 day, but at least you have lovely scenery to walk past! :D

It's kind of grey and drizzly here for about eight months every year. The cool part is that for about four months every summer, it's 80-90d _every single day_ and it never rains. Can you guess where I'm at? :)

It's kind of grey and drizzly here for about eight months every year. The cool part is that for about four months every summer, it's 80-90d _every single day_ and it never rains. Can you guess where I'm at? :)
Um...San Francisco? Portland? Seattle? Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest? :thinking:

Um...San Francisco? Portland? Seattle? Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest? :thinking:

Great guess! The first photo is Perimeter Road, McCord Air Force Base, Tacoma, the second photo is Sprinker Athletic Field along Military Road, about a mile east of the first. When I drove past Sprinker, I thought, there's usually hundreds of people here on a weekend, this is wierd.

Great guess!
Thanks! :)
The first photo is Perimeter Road, McCord Air Force Base, Tacoma
Oh my goodness...my brain read that as MacDill AFB [where I spent a good deal of time when I was much younger]...and wondered how it moved from Tampa to Tacoma! :D
the second photo is Sprinker Athletic Field along Military Road, about a mile east of the first. When I drove past Sprinker, I thought, there's usually hundreds of people here on a weekend, this is wierd.
Yes, it must be. And a bit eery, too, I'll bet. Kind of like the empty skies after all planes were grounded on 9/11.

Because of my situation I can't actually experience this weirdness in person. But watching the local news, and seeing the always packed with tourists places around here, like Hollywood Blvd and the Santa Monica Pier, deserted...it's been very weird. I'm kind of glad I can't see them in person. I don't want that to replace the happy faces on throngs of people normally there.

Thanks! :)

Oh my goodness...my brain read that as MacDill AFB [where I spent a good deal of time when I was much younger]...and wondered how it moved from Tampa to Tacoma! :D

Yes, it must be. And a bit eery, too, I'll bet. Kind of like the empty skies after all planes were grounded on 9/11.

Because of my situation I can't actually experience this weirdness in person. But watching the local news, and seeing the always packed with tourists places around here, like Hollywood Blvd and the Santa Monica Pier, deserted...it's been very weird. I'm kind of glad I can't see them in person. I don't want that to replace the happy faces on throngs of people normally there.

The sheriff and city police chief here has not made a big deal of it, but they have made it known that they are not enforcing unconstitutional regulation. The other day, I was stopped at a light on my bike, and two Tacoma bike cops pulled up next to me in the left turn lane. After initial how-ya-doin', guy says, it's nice that you're doing your essential job, see ya! :)

It's a stratovolcano. The tallest peak in Boston is a hill
The Great Blue Hill.
It's a stratovolcano. The tallest peak in Boston is a hill
The Great Blue Hill.

When I lived in Florida, someone told me that the highest elevation on the peninsula was thirteen feet above sea level, but there's a hill on the panhandle that's almost two hundred feet. :)

Back
Top Bottom