• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shifting old sms to a another device.

I use "SMS Backup". It runs in the back ground saving all SMS, MMS and call logs to my gmail automatically. I've been using it for 3 yes now transferring old SMS, etc. To other android phones. It even backs up the attachments as well. It's really easy to restore SMS too. You can even view all SMS in your email and printout copies if needed.

Upvote 0
I use "SMS Backup". It runs in the back ground saving all SMS, MMS and call logs to my gmail automatically. I've been using it for 3 yes now transferring old SMS, etc. To other android phones. It even backs up the attachments as well. It's really easy to restore SMS too. You can even view all SMS in your email and printout copies if needed.

Yep, this app is great:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.studer.smssync&hl=en
I've used it a couple times with my wife's phone when I had to completely wipe it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones