• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Shinjitsu Rom Beta Test

shinru2004

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
http_s27_postimg_org_cixk87pf7_Shinjitsu_Kernel.png

For anyone that has followed my work in the past, you will be familiar with the rom name. It was a line of Roms i made for the ZTE Warp, Warp Sequent, Desire 510, and the Motorola Moto G in addition to Awesome Android and AOKP builds.
I will be reintroducing the rom on the Alcatel Idol 4 Cricket Variant

ROM Features
Init.d support
Build.prop Tweaks
Various System Tweaks
Cpu Core Clock Control tweaks
Deodexed
Optimized
All Bloatware Removed
New Bootanimation
Code:
Changelog

To Do: Make more awesomeness!

Test Version 1
-Initial Beta Test
-Deodexed Rom
-Replaced Joy Launcher with Google Now Launcher
-Added Google Assistant
-Debloated
-Added Init.d Support
-Adjusted factory CPU core clockspeed
-Adjusted CPU Core hotplug
-Zipaligned
-Changed BootAnimation
-Adjusted Minfree values
-Adjusted Low Memory Killer Values

This Rom is for the Cricket 6055U
do not install
on other variants!
You Have been warned!!

Once you have TWRP flashed to your device (Follow the Guide https://androidforums.com/threads/alcatel-idol4-root-method-cricket-only.1259240/)
Copy Shinjitsu_Rom_Beta_1.zip to Sdcard
(You May need an external sdcard for this)
Boot into TWRP and flash the zip
Bug report bug report bug report
If something isn't working report back and,
i will try to get it fixed in a timely manner
(Keep in mind i do have a full time job)

Code:
Removed APks
JrdFota.apk
Exchange.apk
Email.apk
Compass.apk
JrdUser2Root.apk
NewsWeather.apk
FileManager.apk
Browser.apk
Music.apk
TctSoundRecorder.apk
TctCalculator.apk
TctWeather.apk
Launcher.apk
WallpaperCropperOverlay.apk
VpnDialogs-overlay.apk
TctWeather-overlay.apk
TctSoundRecorder-overlay.apk
TctFMRadio-overlay.apk
TctFileManager-overlay.apk
TctEmail-overlay.apk
TctCamera-overlay.apk
Tag-overlay.apk
SystemUI-overlay.apk
SmartSuite-overlay.apk
Shel-overlay.apk
SettingProvider-overlay.apk
Settings-overlay.apk
Protips-overlay.apk
PrintSpooler-overlay.apk
PrimaryCardController-overlay.apk
PhotoTable-overlay.apk
PhaseBeam-overlay.apk
PartnerBookmarksProvider-overlay.apk
OTAProvisioningClient-overlay.apk
NoiseField-overlay.apk
NfcNci-overlay.apk
Music-overlay.apk
MusicFX-overlay.apk
Mms-overlay.apk
MediaProvider-overlay.apk
MaxxService-overlay.apk
MaxxAudio-overlay.apk
ManagedProvision-overlay.apk
MagicLock-overlay.apk
LiveWallpaperPicker-overlay.apk
LiveWallpapers-overlay.apk
Launcher-overlay.apk
KeyChanin-overlay.apk
JrdSsv-overlay.apk
JrdFota-overlay.apk
InputDevices-overlay.apk
HTMLViewer-overlay.apk
HoloSpiralWallpaper-overlay.apk
Gallery-overlay.apk
Galaxy4-overlay.apk
FusedLocation-overlay.apk
framework-res-overlay.apk
ExternalStorageProvider-overlay.apk
Elabel-overlay.apk
DrmProvider-overlay.apk
DownloadProviderUi-overlay.apk
DownloadProvider-overlay.apk
DocumanetsUI-overlay.apk
Dialer-overlay.apk
DefaultContainerService-overlay.apk
ContactsProvider-overlay.apk
Contacts-overlay.apk
Compass-overlay.apk
ChromeCustomizations-overlay.apk
CertInstaller-overlay.apk
CellBroadcastReceiver-overlay.apk
CaptivePortalLogin-overlay.apk
CalendarProvider-overlay.apk
Browser-overlay.apk
Bluetooth-overlay.apk
BluetoothExt-overlay.apk
BasicDreams-overlay.apk
BackupRestoreConfirmation-overlay.apk
ATTDMClient-overlay.apk

Code:
Debloated apks
Google Books
Cloud Print
Google Drive
Gmail
Hangouts
Play Music
News Stand
Play Games
Plus One
Talkback
Play Videos
YouTube

Proofs of CPU Core hot-plugging and Deep Sleep
Screenshot_20180331_174953.png

Screenshot_20180331_175517.png

Links are in the third post!

Last edited:
Rules of my thread

No ETA's will be given or asked for
Post bug reports under bug reports thread (To Be Created)
If you would like to post a review do so Below (It Could end up as a testimony in my thread!)
First Beta Tester to post back will get credits for testing

Last edited:
Shinru?! Oh My F'n gawd. Woohoo, it's great to see you!! How ya been, man?! MIA a good minute... I cuss at Cricket stores every time I go by, since you left.

Edit: You Cricket Alcatel guys are gonna enjoy this

Last edited:
Shinru?! Oh My F'n gawd. Woohoo, it's great to see you!! How ya been, man?! MIA a good minute... I cuss at Cricket stores every time I go by, since you left.
i've been good, i got burnt out for a good long while because i took up development as a full time job. It just got to the point where i hated to even look at android...

i've been good, i got burnt out for a good long while because i took up development as a full time job. It just got to the point where i hated to even look at android...
I worried that would happen with ya but assumed they were just paying well enough to keep ya busy all this time. Good memories!. Glad to see ya back and I look forward to your continued work even tho I'm still with Boost Mobile. BTW.. where can I find a hi-def copy of your old Shinjitsu wallpaper?:thinking: (For personal use, no redistribution in any way, shape or form) I've seen that image elsewhere but can't remember the formal name of it. :cool:

Edit: Hey, ya remember @SuperR? He's on to doing some big things too:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=72168885

I worried that would happen with ya but assumed they were just paying well enough to keep ya busy all this time. Good memories!. Glad to see ya back and I look forward to your continued work even tho I'm still with Boost Mobile. BTW.. where can I find a hi-def copy of your old Shinjitsu wallpaper?:thinking: (For personal use, no redistribution in any way, shape or form) I've seen that image elsewhere but can't remember the formal name of it. :cool:
Probably in one of my old roms, i would have to download and unpack to pull the wallpaper lol

Probably in one of my old roms, i would have to download and unpack to pull the wallpaper lol
Ok, no problem. I can do that now but it was like a 400×800 res or something and I was trying to get a 720×1280 or higher to reduce pixelation on my device. It's cool tho.

Ok, no problem. I can do that now but it was like a 400×800 res or something and I was trying to get a 720×1280 or higher to reduce pixelation on my device. It's cool tho.
lol, i don't even remember what it looked like. I'm pretty sure it was a decent size though

thanks, but first, I have some doubts, can you install the ROM without having the bootloader unlocked ?, the ROM already has ROOT ?, is it tontally functional? and, does it include GApps?
please answer me so I can proceed to install the ROM

pd: I use the google translator

thanks, but first, I have some doubts, can you install the ROM without having the bootloader unlocked ?, the ROM already has ROOT ?, is it tontally functional? and, does it include GApps?
please answer me so I can proceed to install the ROM

pd: I use the google translator

No. You need an unlocked bootloader to install TWRP but not all devices are locked. TWRP is needed to flash the custom ROMs

If your device isn't from Cricket, then No.. Those assert lines are designed to keep ppl from bricking their devices. A factory reset shouldn't totally erase the system unless ya enabled the 'rm -rf' option in TWRP settings. If ya did that, nothing can help you except the original stock ROM

[QUOTE = "bcrichster, post: 7777298, member: 1318831"] Si su dispositivo no es de Cricket, entonces no ... Esas líneas afirmativas están diseñadas para evitar que los usuarios de pbl bloqueen sus dispositivos. Un restablecimiento de fábrica no debe borrar totalmente el sistema a menos que haya habilitado la opción 'rm -rf' en la configuración de TWRP. Si hiciste eso, nada puede ayudarte excepto el stock ROM original [/ QUOTE]

my alcatel idol 4 6055U is from Cricket, but I flashed another recovery that I got from another source, I do not know if this is the inconvenience

I already revived it

[QUOTE = 'bcrichster, post: 7777298, member: 1318831'] Si su dispositivo no es de Cricket, entonces no ... Esas líneas afirmativas están diseñadas para evitar que los usuarios de pbl bloqueen sus dispositivos. Un restablecimiento de fábrica no debe borrar totalmente el sistema a menos que haya habilitado la opción 'rm -rf' en la configuración de TWRP. Si hiciste eso, nada puede ayudarte excepto el stock ROM original [/ QUOTE]

my alcatel idol 4 6055U is from Cricket, but I flashed another recovery that I got from another source, I do not know if this is the inconvenience

I already revived it

OK.. That makes sense. In the future, only install the recovery that was made for your specific device

Hi, I have some questions before installing, does this build include google services and play store? Also by "adjusting frequency" do you mean overclocking it? Also, is this still android 6.0.1? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom