• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shipping Warp for Repair/Replacement

dylanp

If anyone plans to or is even thinking about shipping there Warp to ZTE for repair/replacement. I wanted to give you my experience and hopefully it may help avoid the problems I am currently experiencing.

I've mentioned on a few other threads that I was shipping my phone back to ZTE (the phones go to a company named Cynergy/Hitech, in Fort Worth, TX). I also gave my experiences with the customer service that I had expereinced in dealing with ZTE...:mad: I spoke too soon but I can't completely blame what's happening to me on them but also fedex. So I get a fedex label on May 3, I work an hour away from home in the mountains and barely get reception at work, so there was no way I was going to be without a phone. Bought a used prevail (gave my old one to my mom not even two months ago) so I could activate it and have some sort of phone in the meantime. Here is where things went awry...the shipping label came on May 3, in the email that had the shipping label link, at the bottom the instructions were to take the packaged phone to a fedex office OR fedex drop box location...even linked the link to the fedex site. So I got the prevail, activated it and dropped my phone in a fedex drop box on the way to work on may 10. On may 11, I contacted ZTE via email again and asked for a tracking number, how long it would take to get back to me, and the fact that I had dropped the phone in the box a week after the label was sent and was that a problem. I was told no, no problem, that the phone was WITH fedex and I was given a tracking number and told 10 to 12 business days. I didnt check the trackign number that day because I figured that they had just picked it up, it may not be any info listed just yet. On may 15th, because I am obsessive and now hate the prevail and remembered why I got rid of it after using it for a few days, contacted ZTE by email to ask for a status because the tracking numner didnt work. This time, i was told that MY PHONE HAD BEEN RECEIVED, THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER HAD ALREADY TESTED THE PHONE AND IT SHOULD BE SHIPPED OUT TO ME IN 2 TO 3 DAYS AND TO BE PATIENT, AND BEST REGARDS.

So on may 21 I decided to try and track using the number and nothing came up other than the original info where they had created a shipping label, so I email them again, it was almost a week since the last communication and told them that I wasnt able to track the phone, thought it would be back by now and what was the status????

Here is where things go wrong: Several emails that night between ZTE and I got really heated...thats putting it lightly. I was trying to understand why they would tell me my phone never arrived....hmm wait a sec, what do you mean? what are you telling me? LIVID...LIVID is all I felt, so I reference the othe two emails received and still nothing...it was late by this time and I could have punched through a wall (i'm a lady so that's not even part of my character) but I hate to feel like I'm being dismissed by anyone or anybody especially when I'm giving you proof and you are choosing to ignore it. Next day, May 22, got in touch with fedex, told them what was going on, they could not track anything they saw what I saw....but as I told her the story of where I dropped it and when...I was immediately told that I should not have dropped a FEDEX GROUND package in one of their drop boxes......GGGGAAASSSSPPPP

What do you mean? I was given instructions and given an option to drop it or take it to an office, not told specifically take it to an office, or I would have, I did what was convienent and what I was told. She informed me that the regular drivers are not even able to scan the fedex ground slips and will USUALLY take them back to the closest station/office so it can be shipped the correct way. So I know this is long and I have probably lost you by now, but its now May 22 I dropped the phone in the box May 10. I asked the rep, if that was the case, the phone should have been scanned and made it to texas by now. She said it should have but who knows what happened, and she opened a case/claim. Told me that I would be contacted if they can find the package at the hub location but it may take a while......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Furious beyond belief I contact ZTE back, get hung up on twice and then finally get someone to escalate my problem to the "Concern Center" or something like that. Mu issues were that although I could not track it...how in the heck did two employess tell me that one the phone was with fedex and two that it was at the service centet, the tests had been ran and it was about to be shipped back out...no one could tell me. I finally got floor manager Jack on yesterday, he saw the noted on file but was unable to retrieve the emails that I had in my posession (i suspect because someone on that end had deleted them)...not an issue, I said where should I send them I have the emails right here...I forwarded the emails to the generic site but included in caps at the top that floor manager jack was awaiting the emails. This happened last night...Jack tells me to give him a few hours to research and pull the emails..I got an email from Jack that said he contacted fedex and they told him that I had called them on May 22 and that I had a claim in. I could not take anymore of this phone issue last night because I'm thinking claim, claim, what claim. I emailed jack back this morning and informed him that I had contacted fedex but I had not filed a claim, I am trying to find wth my phone is. So he emails back and tells me to get in touch with fedex..so I called them when I get to work and now I'm told that the timeframe has been too long and they(fedex) suggest filing a claim...BUT ZTE has to do it because they are listed as the shipper and it should only take a few days because "we" settle with them9ZTE) all the time. I said ok...I'm so over it by this time. I emailed ZTE, requested that they file a claim on my behalf with fedex because i could not. They emailed back and told me that they had done so...whether they did it or not I cant confirm...I will call fedex back when I get my mind together but I was thinking well how is that going to work?? if ZTE is filing a claim, then they will get the money for the claim...will they send me a warp once they receive the claim money, will they keep the money and pay me no nevermind....

So I;m still wondering where is this phone...confirmed with Boost that the phone had not been activated so I sat at my desk and thought and got madder by the minute because I'm thinking I'm going to never ssee that phone nor anything else from ZTE or fedex. I break done and contact asurion because I have the insurance plan to file a claim...DID NOT WANT TO DO THAT...for all that I have gone threw I should have dropped the phone in water and called asurion. I file a claim, to replace the Warp was a $65 deductible which I was surprised about but I had never filed a claim and I've had insurance the entire time but I had attempted to file a claim before and it was some astromical price at the time...it could have been who knows what then but this was early part of last year. So the claim goes through I pay the money and I am supposed to have a phone tomorrow..A few concerns with this..the deductible guarantees a phone, maybe a new one or refurbished one...that I dont like but they guarantee them at this point for a year since its coming from them so of course if something goes wrong send it to them...I still didnt care for that but I asked if they will inform me if the phone is refurbished or not and they told me yes, once the order is place and shipped they could tell me. Waiting on my tracking number:o yet again, but thats only because I am getting the phone shipped to where I will be tomorrow because I am going out of town. I am sure I will get one within the next few hours so I am not worried about that...so all of this leads me to my few tips if you are thinking about sending your phone to ZTE.

1. Contact ZTE by email rather than phone for all communication, that way tou have it in print.
2. Although the email with the shipping label states that you can drop it in a drop box...fedex ground packages must be taken to a location and scanned directly...not sure if it is because its prepaid or not.
3. If you are really thinking about sending your phone back because its under warranty...if you have insurance, you are better off probably paying to get it replaced through them IF you are in a similiar predictament that I am in
4. If you don't have insurance...it was mentioned in another thread that boost was bringing it back, GET IT for the $5 if it doesnt break your pocket...because my phone is now somewhere in the blackhole of lost things...had I not have had the insurance I'd be paying the 180 to get a new warp because this prevail has to go and I am not interested in the EVO because I dont want my bill to go up and it will because of the 4G (looked back at that info yesterday). My bill would be $45 with insurance right now had I not have switched to the $60 blackberry plan two phones ago, but I pay $50 and in two months it will be down to $45 and drop from there

I hope something in this email helps someone because this week has been the worse in dealign with ZTE and FEDEX because I'm still wondering...wth is the phone...oh I forgot in the blackhole of lost things, doubt if I get it back or anything from ZTE *cant reactivate the phone anyway because its been flagged so I chalk it up to idiots on both ends and a lesson learned for me because I will probably never send another phone back although I've done it in the past successfully, with the samsung seek it just isnt worth it for me to be inconvienced...I will go through the insurance and if I have to physically break the phone to have things right with my conscience I would

Thats some Funny shit there and i thought my day was going to be bad when i discovered that my wife left the toilet paper in the car down in the garage:dontknow:

I'm lost about your monthly rate going up for the EVO? I didn't see that anywhere? I had my rate go up recently when I switched from the Prevail to the Warp (which sucks) But hey, it's still cheaper than most plans. If the Prevail had more internal memory (so many apps won't go to card), and a flash, I would go back.

I'm lost about your monthly rate going up for the EVO? I didn't see that anywhere? I had my rate go up recently when I switched from the Prevail to the Warp (which sucks) But hey, it's still cheaper than most plans. If the Prevail had more internal memory (so many apps won't go to card), and a flash, I would go back.

What are you paying for the.warp? I was paying 45 for the seek and now i pay 50 for the warp but thats because android is 5 bucks more then regular service

45.00 with insurance here,I have 11.25 week auto deposited into the acct threw my banks auto bill paying service

I would defently think it will go up with 4g plus it will also be throttled down after your 2.5 is used up

Sorry for the delay..just getting back to civilization...but I am in no way getting the evo, because of this issue with the warp I thought about it and found this info on boost...the evo plan is $55, I guess because of the 4G but you still have shrinkage
HTC Evo Design 4G | Boost Mobile

What are you paying for the.warp? I was paying 45 for the seek and now i pay 50 for the warp but thats because android is 5 bucks more then regular service

I am paying $50 but thats $45 and $5 for the insurance, I went from the seek to the blackberry and that was $60($55 monthly plus $5 insurance) a month so then I got the prevail think I was paying the same...it appears from observation and its kust my thinking, when new phones first come out the plans start at $55 for unlimited, I just checked on boost and the blackberry plan is now $50...I bought it the month it came out and I paid $55, now this evo is coming out at $55

who knows, its always some conspiracy going on hahaha

45.00 with insurance here,I have 11.25 week auto deposited into the acct threw my banks auto bill paying service

I would have been at $45 with insurance had I never switched to that blackberry:(:(:( but I will be there shortly, one more payment to go

i FINALLY Got their shipping label/box...Im very hesitant to send mine away now lol

I don't blame you but that is why I wanted to tell my story..if your label is Fedex ground, you have to take it to a location and let them scan it, I think it'll be fine as long as you can confirm that fedex received it and its trackable...although we went back and fourth about it, I can understand their side of things, although I didn't like it:mad:

UPDATE:

My phone came next day overnight from asurion(got it friday and activated it friday night) and it was a new Warp:D, I have not had any fc's or reboots yet but I am taking things slow, I changed the PRL last night and thats it...I want to see if I have any problems before going back to root...I am an appaholic so I have seriously decreased the amount of apps I install so that will help too I'm sure...just trying to really see how things go this round

UPDATE:

My phone came next day overnight from asurion(got it friday and activated it friday night) and it was a new Warp:D, I have not had any fc's or reboots yet but I am taking things slow, I changed the PRL last night and thats it...I want to see if I have any problems before going back to root...I am an appaholic so I have seriously decreased the amount of apps I install so that will help too I'm sure...just trying to really see how things go this round

Well it probably cant get any worse haha and its good to know everything got sorted out for you :)

Just wanted you to know that I brought my phone to a Fed Ex shipping site today and the pointers in your post helped me to do things as right as I can, to hopefully avoid headaches. So thanks for posting!
I'm glad it all worked out for you...please keep us posted on how your new phone is working out. :)

Just wanted you to know that I brought my phone to a Fed Ex shipping site today and the pointers in your post helped me to do things as right as I can, to hopefully avoid headaches. So thanks for posting!
I'm glad it all worked out for you...please keep us posted on how your new phone is working out. :)

Thanks and I know it was such a long post but I really just wanted to share because I am glad I had the insurance but still i should not have had to pay anything. I am trying to keep up on this supposed claim they filed for me on my behalf but I cant let it work me up into another tizzy. So far the phone is fine, I have not rooted yet, I have had about 3 reboots since last friday but I am pretty sure I know what the causes...the first time i had loaded a bunch of apps and didn't wait until i guess things were finished processing, the second time was when i installed dream tower, I love that game but I dont think the warp likes it...but it only rebooted right after install and I installed it on tuesday (had it on the other phone) and so once since then and then today, my phone SUCKS at work but I continually try to open browsers and check this and that and again moving really fast and not letting pages load it rebooted today, so i can say i believe those were all faults of my own...im going to wait another week or so and then root (maybe:D) but since I've been without it for a while its like I'm not as obsessed with just doing things to it...I am going to change the prl to another to see if I can get better coverage, im currently using 60711 which worked well for me but if i can find a dl of the newest one 60676 or something like that i will probably try it, I've tried a few others

I hope all works well for you...let us know what happens;)

I am just gonna add a little rant:
I had sent my phone back over the holidays last December, that was my first mistake as it got hung up over the holiday and they sent it back over the New Years holiday. So it was like forever getting phone replaced, yes they replaced phone for free.
Phone has worked great since then, rooted.
THEN, 4 days ago it started the ole freezing on me, while on a call the screen would go black and not come back to hang up or access keypad. Had to pull battery/reboot. This was happening on EVERY call. :mad::mad: I called ZTE again and they emailed a shipping label. I dropped off at FedEx location yesterday morning, upstate New York, when I checked FedEx just now the phone has traveled farther east :confused: and not left New York yet when it should be heading south west to Ft Worth Texas.:mad:
end/rant

quick update: phone has finally arrived at FedEx in Texas, so will most likely be delivered to ZTE in the morning

Jun 4, 2012 1:51 PM
Arrived at FedEx location

FORT WORTH, TX

Jun 1, 2012 6:52 AM
Departed FedEx location
SYRACUSE, NY

May 31, 2012 4:57 AM
SYRACUSE, NY

May 30, 2012 10:54 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 7:26 PM
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 5:23 PM
Picked up
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 2:44 PM
In FedEx possession
ROCHESTER, NY
Tendered at FedEx location

May 29, 2012 8:55 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

Well I wont be long but I had to come back and update this post...so after my whole fiasco...paying assurion for a new warp and fussing back and forth with ZTE for them to tell me that they filed a claim on my behalf with fedex...I said today, let me just call fedex and see if that was the case. Well I was told that a claim was filed but it was closed on June 1.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

No reason why, contact shipper if they wont help call back to file a claim...so I decide to "track" this package just to see if it was still giving me the same "no info" and this is what I came across

Date/Time
Activity
Jun 1, 2012 1:14 PM
Delivered

Fort Worth, TX

Jun 1, 2012 3:41 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
FORT WORTH, TX

Jun 1, 2012 2:08 AM
At local FedEx facility
FORT WORTH, TX

May 31, 2012 2:55 PM
FORT WORTH, TX

May 31, 2012 4:54 AM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

May 31, 2012 1:02 AM
MEMPHIS, TN

May 30, 2012 8:05 AM
Departed FedEx location
HAGERSTOWN, MD

May 30, 2012 5:38 AM
HAGERSTOWN, MD

May 30, 2012 2:28 AM
HALETHORPE, MD

May 29, 2012 9:08 PM
HALETHORPE, MD

May 29, 2012 7:17 PM
Picked up
HALETHORPE, MD

May 3, 2012 2:27 PM

So after days and weeks of calling and emailing between ZTE and fedex...this package finally appeared and is now at the location in fort worth....hmph! I haven't received an email from ZTE to say that yes we have your phone...so I politely got back on the email and just asked for status, told them of the delivery date and who signed for it...J. martinez...that may have been the floor manager jack that actually emailed me back that night i had just had it....I think if I call them ever, i am going to ask for floor manager Jack or any floor manager...anywho, its late here and I dont have the strength or brain power to call them but I am expecting a response to my email...oh and what am I going to do with another Warp that I have already flagged at boost and assurion and spent money on a replacement???????????? Maybe it can be my tester phone for things I may not want to wipe my current phone for...thats a thought I guess...i still haven't rooted because I don't want to reload everything and although I use my backup pro while non rooted...I did buy the pro license for TB for when I do decide to root...I would like to boost my volume and not have the phone reboot while playing dream heights but the fact is the phone just cant take it I guess...so yes..I will update when I get info from ZTE and receive the phone back I guess...wonder where it was sitting from may 10 to may 29th

quick update: phone has finally arrived at FedEx in Texas, so will most likely be delivered to ZTE in the morning

Jun 4, 2012 1:51 PM

FORT WORTH, TX

Jun 1, 2012 6:52 AM
Departed FedEx location
SYRACUSE, NY

May 31, 2012 4:57 AM
SYRACUSE, NY

May 30, 2012 10:54 PM
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 7:26 PM
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 5:23 PM
Picked up
WEST HENRIETTA, NY

May 30, 2012 2:44 PM
In FedEx possession
ROCHESTER, NY
Tendered at FedEx location

May 29, 2012 8:55 PM

So much for Fed Ex being quick eh?? lol

I swear to gawd my phone that shipped out the 31st would of made it there quicker if I walked it there myself !!

I know right???? It must have been one of the extra ordinary workers that take pride in their job that saw this random package just laying around and decided to ship it...

Got a response from ZTE yesterday...they told me that the phone was shipped on the 5th and expected to arrive to me on the 8th..hmmm I didn't even ask what they fixed or if they fixed anything...I will know if they did any repairs to it when it gets back because the phone had stopped vibrating so if it vibrates...they did something. I'll update when I actually receive it...I kinda feel like I want to send it to assurion but then again...I've gone through too :D

I know right???? It must have been one of the extra ordinary workers that take pride in their job that saw this random package just laying around and decided to ship it...

Got a response from ZTE yesterday...they told me that the phone was shipped on the 5th and expected to arrive to me on the 8th..hmmm I didn't even ask what they fixed or if they fixed anything...I will know if they did any repairs to it when it gets back because the phone had stopped vibrating so if it vibrates...they did something. I'll update when I actually receive it...I kinda feel like I want to send it to assurion but then again...I've gone through too :D

I'd keep it...2 Warps sounds good and after all you've been through you've certainly earned it. lol

Yes please do let us know if they fixed anything. :)

Well I must say that I was truly shocked...but as always, I have a story...so I am working from home today and I hear some sort of rumbling, I'm thinking its the mail guy, someone handing out useless carryout menus or whatever. So I get to the door just intime to see a Penske large truck driving away...I look down and see a package tossed on the porch...yes I said tossed, it wasn't even near the door, it was like he may have tossed it like the paperboy would toss the newspaper...anyway it was my phone, ZTE had told me in my request for status video that they had shipped it on the 5th and I would get it by the 8th...tada today is the 8th

I have attached two pics so you can see the packaging
IMG_20120608_154547.jpg

IMG_20120608_154637.jpg

The packaging sucks to me because the phone was just knocking around inside, the stuff that looks like bubble wrap is some sort of fake bubble wrap, its a little bubbley on one side and the other is smooth and it was in the white box. The decided to put a plastic coating on the screen which is nice I guess but on to the good stuff. I am not sure what they did but they fixed the vibration, the phone now vibrates when it had stopped a long time ago...they have the 08c software on it. I cut it on and stopped the activation process to test the vibrate function and noticed that the signal showed roaming...the 1x mode...so I went into wireless settings and mobile networks and cdma only was checked...I changed it to both cdma/edvo but i mentioned that because the new warp I received from assurion was also set to that but I didn't know at the time of activation and since I was out of town, i just figured that I could have been roaming...so the phones probably come with that default set...so for those who get their phones back be sure to check that setting. It took forever...thanks to CRAPPY fedex...if they dropped my phone off here in a penske truck and didn't have me sign or anything, I can see why my phone got lost in the first place....but ZTE did "fix" my phone so YYYAAAYYYY! I guess I wont know if it is really fixed other than the vibration and that works so I cant complain...wishing you all well with your phones, please update:)

Well I must say that I was truly shocked...but as always, I have a story...so I am working from home today and I hear some sort of rumbling, I'm thinking its the mail guy, someone handing out useless carryout menus or whatever. So I get to the door just intime to see a Penske large truck driving away...I look down and see a package tossed on the porch...yes I said tossed, it wasn't even near the door, it was like he may have tossed it like the paperboy would toss the newspaper...anyway it was my phone, ZTE had told me in my request for status video that they had shipped it on the 5th and I would get it by the 8th...tada today is the 8th

I have attached two pics so you can see the packaging
View attachment 33219

View attachment 33220

The packaging sucks to me because the phone was just knocking around inside, the stuff that looks like bubble wrap is some sort of fake bubble wrap, its a little bubbley on one side and the other is smooth and it was in the white box. The decided to put a plastic coating on the screen which is nice I guess but on to the good stuff. I am not sure what they did but they fixed the vibration, the phone now vibrates when it had stopped a long time ago...they have the 08c software on it. I cut it on and stopped the activation process to test the vibrate function and noticed that the signal showed roaming...the 1x mode...so I went into wireless settings and mobile networks and cdma only was checked...I changed it to both cdma/edvo but i mentioned that because the new warp I received from assurion was also set to that but I didn't know at the time of activation and since I was out of town, i just figured that I could have been roaming...so the phones probably come with that default set...so for those who get their phones back be sure to check that setting. It took forever...thanks to CRAPPY fedex...if they dropped my phone off here in a penske truck and didn't have me sign or anything, I can see why my phone got lost in the first place....but ZTE did "fix" my phone so YYYAAAYYYY! I guess I wont know if it is really fixed other than the vibration and that works so I cant complain...wishing you all well with your phones, please update:)

Good to see you got it back! And its fixed woooo! :)

Back
Top Bottom