• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sholes/Droid Proven Most Stable ROM

Ninthwonder

for myself anyways... I have tried both of Pete's and while Beauty was stable it lacked OCin...with Bast my phone was constantly rebooting... Simply Stunning and Adamz ROM were both stable but caused my Market to crash when trying to access top paid/free... so I went back to Sholes which has been the best for my phone so far... eagerly awaiting the next release...

this is all my personal preference

I have to agree. I wiped all my data and installed Pete's from scratch and still found fewer problems with Sholes. The other roms all have some great features (Pete has included a fantastic selection of ringtones and alerts) but at the end of the day, I am back with Sholes. As always, YMMV

Would have been better if your topic title included the ending "....for me."

In my case, Pete's have been proven to be the most stable...for me. :)

I think the bottom line is that people should try more than one ROM - it is pretty darn easy to do so, and the only way you'll know what is best for you is to try two or three.

I agree Redflea that is why I went ahead and tried installing several various ROMs and tried them out for a day or so at a time.... Eventually you find the right one just for you...

:oI don't post much but i'd like to chime in.
I have tried both the sholes ROMS and Pete's Beasts like everyone else, I assume.:rolleyes:
The latest Sholes 2.0.6 is pretty darn stable on my Droid @1.0mhz. I even added LWP to it ,and its still cruising,no FC's and no lag. It runs alot cooler then 2.0.5 did and the battery seems to hold a longer charge. Only con for me is, I like the new ringtones and this don't have it.:(

As for Pete's latest beast v1.0, This by far (for me at least) is tops! I also added LWP to this, but in the end, I rebooted and removed LWP. I had no problems with the live paper as far as lag, but it likes to nibble at the battery. Bench speeds for me were almost identical @1.0mhz. This is also running alot cooler then what I upgraded from (BB7.7). The battery also seems to hold a longer charge

In the end , I believe sholes 2.0.6 and Pete's BBv1.0 are both great and stable ROMS. I just depends what 'extras' you like. For me I choose Pete's,:D because I like the added ringtones and the Droid Eye, which sholes removed. It's all about the Bling!!:rolleyes:

Just my 2.5 cents:cool:

I just got finished setting up 2.0.6(See my "Experience" thread in this subforum). Seems to be the best OS I have used to date. As I said before, I like the DM kernel better.

I'd like to know where the extra ringtones are stored:). It shouldn't be too hard to copy then from the 1.0 update.zip and push them intro my current installation:p

I ma trying out BB 0.3 based upon the 2.1 ROM, and I am looking around to add LWP back in (as this BB removes it).

At any rate, I'll get back with the results - doing a full Nandroid wipe and restore, though, and it is smooth as silk. Updating the kernel now, then restoring all my old apps and we'll see how it goes.

:oI don't post much but i'd like to chime in.
I have tried both the sholes ROMS and Pete's Beasts like everyone else, I assume.:rolleyes:
The latest Sholes 2.0.6 is pretty darn stable on my Droid @1.0mhz. I even added LWP to it ,and its still cruising,no FC's and no lag. It runs alot cooler then 2.0.5 did and the battery seems to hold a longer charge. Only con for me is, I like the new ringtones and this don't have it.:(

As for Pete's latest beast v1.0, This by far (for me at least) is tops! I also added LWP to this, but in the end, I rebooted and removed LWP. I had no problems with the live paper as far as lag, but it likes to nibble at the battery. Bench speeds for me were almost identical @1.0mhz. This is also running alot cooler then what I upgraded from (BB7.7). The battery also seems to hold a longer charge

In the end , I believe sholes 2.0.6 and Pete's BBv1.0 are both great and stable ROMS. I just depends what 'extras' you like. For me I choose Pete's,:D because I like the added ringtones and the Droid Eye, which sholes removed. It's all about the Bling!!:rolleyes:

Just my 2.5 cents:cool:

Ah, I bet that's why my battery life took a dump yesterday! Well I'm running 1.0 w/o them and I don't need em anyway.

I have never had a problem with Bugless Beast. Except for when the Live wallpaper updates half-broke root access. That's the only time my wifi tether didn't work

I tried Sholes and my wifi tether didn't work. So instead of doing the fixes to make it work, I went back to Bugless Beast 15 mins later.

I just got finished setting up 2.0.6(See my "Experience" thread in this subforum). Seems to be the best OS I have used to date. As I said before, I like the DM kernel better.

I'd like to know where the extra ringtones are stored:). It shouldn't be too hard to copy then from the 1.0 update.zip and push them intro my current installation:p

The ringtones are located in system.tar\media\audio

I am going to copy those over to my 2.0.6 setup now.

i have used Bugless Beast from 7.3 up to 7.5. it was nice, but a few nights ago i switched to AdamZ Smoked Glass v4.5 and it's much nicer all around. Launcher2 is unstable, but i just stopped using it and now use the regular home screens.

i never tried sholes though. i have no reason right now to leave AdamZ rom.

Back
Top Bottom