• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shortcut found for **583385##

tiede

Android Expert
Alright,
For those of you who've been relying on the LTE Mode shortcut, if you've been ticked off by the fact that you must type in that code in the dialer all the time, here's to make your life way better:
The shortcut to actually opening the app without going to the dialer is actually quite straightforward.
If you happen to have Basix installed, you may access it by long-pressing the screen, select Activities, wait for it to load, and once it loads up,
you want to scroll down to HiddenMenu
In that category, you want to look for entry LTE Mode.
The full shortcut therefore would be com.android.hiddenmenu.ltemode
for those who know how to create their own activities without needing BetterCut/AnyCut and/or any other such activities finder.

If you want to use Anycut BTW, I strongly suggest you use BetterCut instead, as Anycut does not provide enough detail to distinguish between different sub-activities under the same app. So all the hiddenmenu shortcuts will look the same, and you'd have to do it "blindly" to find the correct one... Yeah, annoying.

Anyways, this still needs a restart to kill of the 4g, but at least it should save you from typing the code in all the time.
If I actually find one that does NOT need restart AND work reliably as intended (i.e does not turn itself back on ever), I will definitely post it here. In the meantime, I'm off to some more phone fingering...

Alright,
For those of you who've been relying on the LTE Mode shortcut, if you've been ticked off by the fact that you must type in that code in the dialer all the time, here's to make your life way better:
The shortcut to actually opening the app without going to the dialer is actually quite straightforward.
If you happen to have Basix installed, you may access it by long-pressing the screen, select Activities, wait for it to load, and once it loads up,
you want to scroll down to HiddenMenu
In that category, you want to look for entry LTE Mode.
The full shortcut therefore would be com.android.hiddenmenu.ltemode
for those who know how to create their own activities without needing BetterCut/AnyCut and/or any other such activities finder.

If you want to use Anycut BTW, I strongly suggest you use BetterCut instead, as Anycut does not provide enough detail to distinguish between different sub-activities under the same app. So all the hiddenmenu shortcuts will look the same, and you'd have to do it "blindly" to find the correct one... Yeah, annoying.

Anyways, this still needs a restart to kill of the 4g, but at least it should save you from typing the code in all the time.
If I actually find one that does NOT need restart AND work reliably as intended (i.e does not turn itself back on ever), I will definitely post it here. In the meantime, I'm off to some more phone fingering...
nize tip tiede, just wanted u to ask u have u used something called APN on-off Widget i believe some1 on this forum posted a video of it and it works perfect like a toggle switch to turn on and off data. i highly recommend it i have yet to see anything better.
u can get it here https://market.android.com/details?id=net.maicas.android.apnoo&feature=search_result

heres my 4g on

4gon.png

then my 4g off

4goff.png

eventually my 4g icon at top dissapears and i can still make calls and txt and my battery last almost all day.

Yeah, I've heard of apn on/off. I'm just waiting for something better, though. From what I read, it can be a bit unstable, by leaving the phone in an unknown state, data-wise.
I use the LTE functionality test and LTE mode shortcuts, depending on where I am, and how long I'm there for. I can't rely on apn on/off since it kills my data completely, at least with the other I can fallback on 3g for data purposes.

yeah it turns the data off totally so that means you dont even get the little 1x even though its not much it keeps your email checked and other litttle things like weather updates etc so a toggle switch that does what the **583385## does would be a little better

Alright,

I don't use the stock dialer so this is a quicker way of accessing the mode select instead of firing up the stock dialer then typing the number.

Good find!

Haha. That's why I went looking for it too. I use Go Dialer, and got tired of having to go through the menu to find the stock dialer. ;)

very good point tiede now that u mention it ur right maybe a user may just wanna use their 1x or 3g instead of their 4g and just use their 4g when they need that extra boost of speed im sure these devs might be able to make something custom for their next rom where we can have several options to only use what we want. that would be cool. my battery went down 1% cuz i had a few programs unclosed in the background including snapshot it which is tha bomb!!! =)

Back
Top Bottom