• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I be quick to flash a new kernel?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Should I flash a new kernel or should I wait a few days and let this one settle in?

I flashed myns warm 2.2 with the htc-kernel #15, And my battery life has been pretty bad. I came from airbourne virusrom with the netarchy kernel that came with it. For the first few weeks I had that rom/kernel it ran awesome, I was getting 24+ hours on my 3500mah battery. But in recent weeks my battery life went to hell. I was struggling to get 12 hours out of a full charge, and my phone started to freeze up several times a day.

Now I dont have the freezing problem,but I still have poor battery life. So, should I let this new kernel settle in?, and if I do flash a new kernel which ones are known for improving battery life?

Thanks guys!

If your on warm twopointtwo rls5 you should flash a netarchy kernal and downgrade your pro NV and radio there's some threads on recommendations I used the ones from rom manager in evo radio and stock. Just find the radio at the closest to the top and flash the one beneath it. Then do the same for pri and nv. And then flash the netarchy kernal second from the top. That is the best combination I have found for battery life and performance. I get no lag and long battery life. But try different things out if they don't work always make a backup. And happy flashing

OK guys, the only thing im concerned with is downgrading radios, cant doing that really mess up your phone?. I thought I've heard of people bricking their phones doing that?

you do not have to downgrade your radios. you can downgrade your pri and nv only if the netarchy kernel is not playing nice on your evo (screen tearing, phone will not sleep, or bad battery drain). every kernel reacts differently on different phones. the one in my sig works great on my phone, but it may not work well on yours.

Back