• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Should I unroot before calling customer service?

r0ckstarr

When I got my phone a couple weeks ago, I had my Sprint number ported to Cricket. My voicemail has not worked since I got it, still doesn't work, and I believe I will need to call customer service about this to get it fixed. When someone calls me, they get the message that my voicemail is not set up. When I call my voicemail from my phone, I get the message that "system is unable to process my call at this time".

Will I need to unroot the phone before I call? Is there any way customer service can tell if I am using a rooted phone? Will this even matter?

When I got my phone a couple weeks ago, I had my Sprint number ported to Cricket. My voicemail has not worked since I got it, still doesn't work, and I believe I will need to call customer service about this to get it fixed. When someone calls me, they get the message that my voicemail is not set up. When I call my voicemail from my phone, I get the message that "system is unable to process my call at this time".

Will I need to unroot the phone before I call? Is there any way customer service can tell if I am using a rooted phone? Will this even matter?

Yes you will need to call Customer Service, they simply didn't set up your voicemail when you activated your phone. And no you won't have to un-root your phone. They can't tell. If you take it into a store they might be able to tell if they have someone competent.

Now if they activate it and you can access it from another phone but not yours. Go into Settings> Call Settings> Voicemail number. I've had Sprint and I'm on Metro right now but I'm surmising that Cricket is the same way and that your voicemail number is the same as your cell number.

I hope this helps.:D

Thanks for the help. I dread calling customer service, but it has to be done. Be back in 14 hours......

The first time I called to get my number ported, I kept having to hang up and call back until I found someone that I could understand. Took me about 4 attempts. Two of those attempts had so much background noise going on, I just couldn't hear the person.

Back
Top Bottom