• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

should I update my software?

Im currently running jelly bean 4.1.1 it asked me to update when I got the tablet a year ago but I had looked into it and decided I wouldn't like the update.

If I go to update now what version will I get as it doesnt tell me?

And will it be worth it? I just fancied a change thats all. I know I didnt like what must of been 4.1.2 as it was on the tab I 3 originally had.

I found out the latest update for android is kitkat but not sure if I can get it on the tab 2

Hi there

I updated the firmware today and it just on the screen where it shows "Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1" and had been staying on this page for ages. I tried pressing down on power button but it keeps going back to this page and stays there. Won't show me the home page or power down. Not sure what to do! Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi there

I updated the firmware today and it just on the screen where it shows "Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1" and had been staying on this page for ages. I tried pressing down on power button but it keeps going back to this page and stays there. Won't show me the home page or power down. Not sure what to do! Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Also tell Samsung support about it. I think there are lot of issues with this latest update and they should be aware of that

Upvote 0
Nope. I tried charging it and the battering charging symbol came up except it wasn't charging. Couple of hours later still no progress and the power +vol up & power + vol down doesnt work. I also tried power + touching screen at the same time. really worried it has packed it in! :-(

Is it the normal customer support through their website that I can contact?

Thanks for getting back!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones