• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Should I Upgrade to the Galaxy Note 9 from the Galaxy Note 8

omairangel

Sep 4, 2018
Hi everybody, hope all is well with you all. I am new to this site, and I need some advice. I have the Note 8, great device!! But I was considering upgrading to the Note 9, the 512 GB and 8 GB of RAM. I really want the Note 8, but presently I owe $360 on it. I can't upgrade until I pay the remaining balance on the phone. However, I have the JUMP program with T-Mobie. The question I woud like to ask is,

1) Should I go with the JUMP program and T-Mobile will wave the $360 I owe and just pay $661 for the Note 9, Or:

2) Should I pay the remaining balance and try to sell the Note 8 myself. I could probably get $500 - $600 for Note 8. It is in mint condition, no dingys, or scratches or anything like that. I will try to sell it on craigslist, but people will try to low ball on the price. It can be hassle.

I use the Note 8 mainly for watching videos, movies, playing some games. I don't even use the S Pen that much. But I do like the extra 512 GB for storage. Because I watch alot guitar instruction videos. Can anyone offer some kind advice, on my dilemma?

Thank you again.

Hi and welcome to Android Forums!

I moved from the Note8 to the Note9 - but I also use the S Pen a LOT. Once you get used to it and learn all the things you can do with it, it's hard to not use it! But you don't and that's fine.

Have you considered moving from the Note8 to the Galaxy S9+? Great specs, great screen, no S Pen. Why pay for it if you're not using it? If that is an option, you might want to hold on to your Note8 until the S10 is announced... which should be around CES in February.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones