• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your DX2 homescreen!

Show us your DX2 homescreens! I know when I was new to Android, I spent most of my time browsing the "show us your homescreen" posts for ideas on how to set up my device and to find info on widgets I'd seen posted around the forums. Lets get a quality thread going showing off our DX2 homescreens.

Please make sure you post info on all of your widgets and customizations!

I'll start us off:

DX2 - Rooted and Supercharged
Captured using Screen Shot It full version

Lockscreen: Using WidgetLocker
- Simiclock
- Circle Batt
- Phantom Music Control Widget tied to PowerAmp Pro
- Custom Iphone Unlock Slider
- Volume Control +
56QEH.png

3RbBk.png

Homescreen: GoLauncher EX, 5 screens, set to 5 columns X 6 rows. I was using Launcher Pro Plus, but it didn't play well with WidgetLocker. I've had zero redraws since switching to GoLauncher.
- Beautiful Widgets - Beautiful SuperClock 4X2
- Circle Batt (again)
- SwitchPro
- Using iPhonious Icon Set
ixAIa.png

Screen left:
- Transparent themed Pandora Widget
- PowerAmp Pro
SQCnf.png

Screen far left:
- Colorized Widget - Agenda
Et9vF.png

Screen right:
- Again, using iPhonious Icon Pack
- Games and Web Icons are SimiFolder
- SysInfo
- The two bottom pictures are Animated Widget contacts
- 2nd dock shown
T2z7e.png

vOgdf.png

5zodh.png

r7b3C.png

wK0Zi.png

Screen far right is blank for when I need a clean slate to work with new widgets.

Very nice!

I use GoLauncher EX myself as well - the best when it comes to speed and reliability in my opinion (plus lots of features/options)

No redraws as I had with ADW on my original Droid

I've only got as far as the homepage- no theme-ing yet.

Launcher- Launcher Pro Plus
Screen 1 & 2 widgets- Launcher Pro Plus Widgets w/ s23 Clear skin
Screen 3 widgets- Minimalistic Text (JosefinSlab-Light Font)
Screen 4 Toggle Widget- Widgetsoid

The icons on Screen 4 are based off of the Windows 7 icons, but I made all but two of the ones showing.
I've seen other people have dock icons very similar to mine, so I stole the idea and made my own.
The Wallpaper is off of the NIN Ghosts PDF (Which has a bunch of great photos, btw).

If you want to steal my icons or anything, shoot me a PM

screen1ls.png
screen2pv.png
screen3j.png
screen4ht.png

My tinkering has gotten me to this setup with adw, I enjoy it. Sry terrible pic not sure how to screenshot,

272693_10150246171711360_727961359_7941158_2514392_o.jpg

OP, that's pretty sexy. I need to start tinkering with mine. Overall, how much time do you estimate you've invested in getting your phone set up that way?

OP, that's pretty sexy. I need to start tinkering with mine. Overall, how much time do you estimate you've invested in getting your phone set up that way?

I probably spent a couple of hours on it including changing the icons. I'm not new to android, so I knew what I was looking for and where to find it.

Spent most of last night setting mine up.

I really liked the setup that Mikhial used for the minimalistic text. So I copied that. Then for the icons I used Better Cut with Simplistic Steel Icon Pack. Application Folder app for my folders (Games, then Entertainment). All running on Launcher Pro. The bg I got from Zedge.

device1.png

device2.png

device3.png

only portrait mode
when in app drw, back button returns to app drw
app sort: install date, abc, category , custom.

Attachments

• g2011-07-31_08.07.04.jpg
    g2011-07-31_08.07.04.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 59
  • g2011-07-31_08.08.54.jpg
    g2011-07-31_08.08.54.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 95
  • g2011-07-31_08.09.29.jpg
    g2011-07-31_08.09.29.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 41
FYI, Go Launcher EX does not like dock mode with GB 2.3.3. When coming off the dock, some of the icons blur into the other home screens. I had to uninstall the launcher.

Back
Top Bottom