• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Shutter sounds galaxy s2x jellybean 4.1.2

elfere

I have a rooted galaxy s2x t989.
Jellybean re added the shutter sound.
Any methods to get rid of it would be appreciated.

Ps i apologise if this message is in the wrong forum.

On another topic.
Any way to move the volume display? Or get rid of it entirely?

I have a rooted galaxy s2x t989.
Jellybean re added the shutter sound.
Any methods to get rid of it would be appreciated.

Ps i apologise if this message is in the wrong forum.

On another topic.
Any way to move the volume display? Or get rid of it entirely?

Also looking for the answer to this.

Did you root prior to upgrading to jellybean or after?

If the latter we are in the same boat, if the former then i can tell you what you need to do to remove the shuttersound.

Hey man after some searching i found our solution.

Thanks to my man Atma who's always on his game lol

If you follow this guide (super easy and helpful)

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-t-mobile-all-things-root/627099-guide-root-rom-sgh-t989.html

It will get you rooted again in your new jellybean firmware .

After rooting again you need to get ES file explorer again. under settings in ES file explorer you should go to the bottom where it says root settings, then enable root explorer and mount the system directory again. Once you have done this , navigate to /system/media/audio/ui/ and either delete or add .bak to the shutter.ogg and any other camera related files you don't want sounds for. Once done you should reboot and everything should be back to normal.

Couldn't you just turn off the shutter sound from within the app? I doubt a clicking sound file takes up that much space. To do that in Jelly Bean 4.1.2 you open the camera, tap on the cog whell icon and scroll down to shutter sound. from there you can just turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom