• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signal strength

nightowl66

I got my S7 a few months ago I have a problem making calls in my house. People I'm talking to say I cut out so I have to go outside. I live out in the sticks but never had had a problem before with my previous phones. My signal strength is around -113 . I chatted online with Verizon, they had me reset my network settings which did no good. I asked if they wanted to know what my signal strength was and the reply was no. I told them anyways. it was -117 their reply was that -120 is good and I am only three off. I was under the impression that getting back closer to zero was better than going further into the negatives?

Hi,

When my phone is struggling for better call clarity / connection sometimes turning off 4G/Lte and 3G to force it onto 2G can help.

In my experience I also find that some phones can latch onto signal better than others.

My s7 edge is good at latching.

If your signal is good when you commute away from your local area then fringe coverage or mast congestion may be contributory factors.

Back
Top Bottom