• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sim jack

Gandiflop

Hi all, been haveing problems with a hacker the last few monthes messing with all me stuff online. Any way tonight i recived a txt & within a few minutes i heard a family member i live with talking abought the context of said msg, now i recived a provisioning msg & installed it a few days ago witch i presume is how the have accessed my msg ect, it installed into the vodaphone settings but in not shure how to access it to uninstall it, any help would be appriacted
P. S i have a few times quized the suspect hacker & they denie it dont really want to get them charged & would prefure not to have to resort to chopping the fingers off lol

If you have proof, I'd still report it, after all hacking (accessing someone's device without their permission) is a crime.
That aside, backup everything you want to keep (automatic backup to your Google account should take care of this, but backup to your PC or an SD card is good too.), then factory reset and get a new SIM (which won't have the provisioning you installed recently. If you're really worried, ask for anew number.

Thanks for the reply, dont relly want to report tje person as if am wright they have mental. Health problems in witch case i will speak to there doctor abought it, i factory rest & put a new sim yesterday morning then it happend 12 hrs later so there shit hot tbh, spoke to my isp this morning after posting going to take phone into shop asap to let them have a look & see whet therr, they did say its samsung, huawei, nomia all have tje same vunrebility in there systems.
So am thinking i might just swap to iphome as they seem a bit more secure out the box.

I spoke to my isp yesterday morning & they confirmed they didn't send the provisioning msg, so was deffinatly a sim Jack. I have done what stated above it should get them out the phone but not holding my breath lol, taking phone into store as soon as lock down finished.

Back
Top Bottom