• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sim Lock Crash

adders21

Hi All,

I recently activated the sim lock on HTC One X+. Now when I return to the phone I often see the screen asking for my sim lock code, so I can only assume that the phone has crashed.
Now it could be that activating the sim lock feature is causing the phone to crash.
It could be that the phone has always crashed and I have never noticed as it didn't require any code to reboot the sim.

Has anyone experienced this problem?
Does anyone have a fix?
Could it be Android or the phone?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Not sure if this is related, but for the past few days my HOX+ will randomly throw an error message saying the SIM card is not detected. Googling around there's quite a few pages on this issue with the HOX. It seems to be software related, as putting it into airplane mode and then back out again temporarily fixes it. I suspect I'm going back to the store with it soon.

Hi All,

I have finally witnessed the phone actually crashing.
It would appear to be something to do with an App trying to write to an SD card! Of course the phone doesn't have an SD card, the problem now is trying to work out which one is causing the problem....

Well, it wasn't anything to do with a rogue app. Did a full factory reset and still have the problem. Tried a new sim but agian still have the problem. Realy do't want to have to send my phone off for repair but it's looking that way.

Damn!

I appear to be having the same issue. Happens maybe once every two days. I was hoping it was just the SIM card and I was just going to grab a new one.

This changes everything. I hate taking back to htc for repair... the first thing they do is factory reset everything and it takes me days to get everything back the way I like it (+ you lose your progress in games etc that can no longer be backed up in jelly bean)

Bugger!

Hi Growler,

Since my last post my phone has been fine. What I did do though was fiddle with the sim card port by repeatedly inserting and then un inserting the sim, just pushing the pin thing in and then pushing home the sim holder with the sim in place. Of course all of this with the phone turned of.
I did read a few threads where people had used tape to secure the sim card on the sim tray. I didn't fancy the idea of that but it did occur to me that the problem could be caused by the sim card not being seated properly.
I have also stopped all my apps from automaticaly updating as I'm sure I saw something flash up on my phone (prior to a sim episode) about an app wanting to save to an SD card which of course we don't have.
Grasping at straws but I've gone over a week with no issues.....

Hope this info helps a little.

Back
Top Bottom