• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SIM Unlock Advice

I am highly considering this device for my wife, but I'm not finding a whole lot of info on SIM unlocking. What have you guys used to successfully accomplish this?

well depends what service you want.. if im not mistaken, metro pcs will unlock it at the store if you add there service to it.. my brother did the same thing.

as for other carriers im unsure but regardless you'll have to pay for the unlock code :/

well depends what service you want.. if im not mistaken, metro pcs will unlock it at the store if you add there service to it.. my brother did the same thing.

as for other carriers im unsure but regardless you'll have to pay for the unlock code :/

Well to add to this you can use a metropcs sim card but you need to go to metropcs store to register the phone for 15 dollars and is not unlock is just register in metro network :)

Idk if you ever got your question answered but I unlocked my metro PCs Alcatel OT fierce for free by calling the customers service and asking for the code but you have to have had the phone activated for at least 90 days (continuous)

Back
Top Bottom