• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sim2 has better reception quality than Sim1 slot

lvt

Android Expert
So I had my Vivo phone for a couple of months now, originally I installed the 4G card in the Slot 1, reception quality is good outside but in the underground parking it's almost impossible to capture 4G signal, most of the time the network symbol is switched to H+.

Last month I spent 2 weeks abroad for a family visit. While staying there I bought a temporary local 4G Sim and put it in the Slot 1, moving the main Sim to the Slot 2. When I came back from vacation, I didn't remove the junk 4G card but I disabled it from the Settings page. I noticed that the reception quality is suddenly improved, I even can use 4G connection in places where it's impossible to use before.

I did a test by placing the main Sim card back to the Slot 1, the reception quality is dropped significantly, just like before.

I'm no engineer so this whole experience makes me a bit perplexed. Not sure if it's just my phone or it's common thing on all smartphones.

Back
Top Bottom