• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Since my power button doesn't work...

kellysa111

My power button does not work and my screen freezes and even sometimes, the screen switches to the left and to the right.

Anyways, my problem now is that I booted into recovery using ROM manager to do a hard reset to hopefully fix the screen problem. The phone is now stuck on the white HTC screen. Can I connect it to my laptop and push the reboot through command prompt? I thought about this because I was able to root my Hero through command prompt. If it is possible, can someone give me the steps or a link? All I need is to reboot into recovery again.

Thanks!

With your phone off and plugged in type

Code:
adb reboot recovery

or

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

The first cmd will take you straight to recovery, the second will put you in fastboot mode. This is assuming you have the proper drivers and adb setup on your pc.

If your power button isn't working at all I would suggest running the ruu and taking it in for repairs.

Thank you! It worked and now I'm running a Miui rom. The touch screen has only *****ed out once. And yes, I do have to send it in for repairs, but silly me does not believe in paying Sprint more money than they have already taken from me.

Back
Top Bottom