• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skype draining battery

salla43

Hi,

Today I was having a lot of trouble charging my Note. It seemed to be either losing charge, even when plugged in, or just about creeping up.

Then i checked my battery use and noticed to my horror that skype was on in the background and was responsible for 23% of power use! Screen came in 2nd with 21%. Now... usually screen accounts for 50% or more, so this means all of a sudden skype is accounting for the same loss or more as the screen. WTF!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I noticed when i looked at skype, on the main page there was a rotating circle type icon in the top of the screen, as if it were trying to sync constantly or something? I think this is the culprit. I have switched skype back on after a couple of hrs off, and will check if its still draining, as that rotating circle indicator is now off.

update - i had restarted skype and reset the battery meter

Now after a few hours on battery, Screen 46%
Skype 4%

So, watch out, if your skype seems to be syncing constantly (check for rotating circles icon) then it will drain battery equally fast as the screen!

Otherwise skype uses battery minimally usage, about the same as the android system or other normal apps.

Back
Top Bottom