• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skype on epic 4g?

viisign

i don't know where to post this....but is there anyone out there that can please tell me how to use skype on the epic ? i downloaded it and i try to setup an account with it but it keeps saying initializing...and it won't stop. nothing ever happens? i am running 2.1 android or whatever. i really need to use this on my phone cause my sister is moving to florida and this will be the only way for me to talk to her. and i can't get this app to work? thanks to everyone that replies!

The Skype app page in the app store specifically states that Skype requires Android 2.2 on the Galaxy S (The epic is a Galaxy S phone).

It won't work until we get 2.2.

-SF

I hav had it since Nov. along with Skype; but since I've been introduced to ooVoo, I don't even use Skype anymore on my computer.. (of course u still need 2.2 for that) It lets me do Phone to computer Video chats & works great...

I have ooVoo and it's great! Unfortunately, a lot more people are on Skype. I also wish the ooVoo app wouldn't automatically start when I boot my phone.
Yeah I don't like the startup thing... but as far people, I hav all the folks that I kno on ooVoo.. Especially ones I chat with on the computer...

I want to use ooVoo but I'm waiting for god damn upgrade. I don't want to do the half assed leaked one. Its really starting to piss me off.

Back
Top Bottom