• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Skype question for Note - notification widget?

salla43

Hi,

I am new to Android and my beloved Note is my first Android device, in fact.

I have a skype query. Does anyone know how to flag a new chat message from skype without actually having to look at the skype screen? I can't stand the sound notifications and would like to know if anyone knows of a widget or addon which will allow this?

Other wise i am more than pleased with the Note. I had a Nokia N900 before and the Note is everything that promised to be and more. The Nokia more often than not, did not work, it was just a bonus if an app actually loaded, haha! It was sluggish and impractical to use. This is a revelation!!!

Hi Salla,

I also moved to the Note from the N900 (although I loved the N900 to bits, I just wanted more of a tablet to watch hidef videos/youtube).

To answer your question: You don't need any additional widgets. When you get a new skype message a speech bubble appears in the status bar (top left of the phone). Now, it would be great if it also showed up on the lock screen, but we cannot have it all.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Eric.

Hi Salla,

I also moved to the Note from the N900 (although I loved the N900 to bits, I just wanted more of a tablet to watch hidef videos/youtube).

To answer your question: You don't need any additional widgets. When you get a new skype message a speech bubble appears in the status bar (top left of the phone). Now, it would be great if it also showed up on the lock screen, but we cannot have it all.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Eric.

Thanks. I dont get the speech bubble :( - is it a configurable option? Its exactly this which I want - ie the indication in the status bar!

PS.. My N900 died when a large object hit the screen :( - I was unsure about any touchscreen only phones, but am soooo pleased with the Note! My N900 just wouldnt respond much anymore. Too many contacts i think. Got clogged up. The N900 was such an exercise in lost opportunity for Nokia.

Thanks. I dont get the speech bubble :( - is it a configurable option? Its exactly this which I want - ie the indication in the status bar!

Now that you mention settings I checked and found the one you need. If you open Skype and then go into settings you will see notifications under general settings. Check the box and you should be good to go.

Have fun Skyping :)

Regards,
Eric.

Now that you mention settings I checked and found the one you need. If you open Skype and then go into settings you will see notifications under general settings. Check the box and you should be good to go.

Have fun Skyping :)

Regards,
Eric.

AHA, i see it: I must have disabled it at the start because it also switches on the audible notifications which i loathe. Never mind. Have to wait for an update to separate the visual notifications from the audible. i AM a fussy b****r :-) - thanks for your help anyhow!

Back
Top Bottom