• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Slow laggy browser?

Spykez

I have to say one thing that was nice about the iOS when I used my itouch I had gotten for free was it's lag free browsing whether through the safari browser or through the market, everything was seamless.

Now on my phone on the other hand seems to get lag freeish the more I OC my phone but even at 1ghz it was still jumpy, especially when it comes to typing up stuff on forums, theres a bad delay/lag between key punches.

Is this just an android curse or what's the deal with this.

Using the moto droid

Might be kernel dependent - you could be hitting a race condition for event servicing vs. screen updating when overclocking.

Suggest clearing caches, resetting, and then re-try. Also - maybe confirm that typing lag is the same or different on wifi vs. 3G.

well on stock moto droid which is what. 550mhz? it's laggy as heck, 800 and up seem to be more seamless but theres still quite a bit of annoying lag.

I've heard the same from other phones and so forth.

How is it with yours Earlymon? Wonder if it's an internal memory issues too?

Very quick, very smooth, no lag, no complaints - stock rooted 2.2 rom with custom kernel, tho.

Didn't I read at some point you're at 2.3 already on that little beastie? Or am I thinking of other?

Also - what browsers have you tried?

(btw - I've had rare occasions where there was significant 3G lag when entering text into windows like this one, and a simple reset cured it - but I've not had that for quite some time.)

edit and ps - if suspecting memory - what are you using to monitor memory?

Ya I'm on my Motorola Droid rooted with Cyanogen Mod 7.0 Gingerbread OC'd to 800mhz (usually 1ghz but i haven't found an OC kernal for it yet)

I really dunno what all this kernal business is other than for overclocking higher.

I'm using the stock browser as it's the lightest stripped down thing I can find. Dolphin is just too much.

The droid only has 256MB of memory which I'm thinking is the cause of a lot of issues, it's really not a lot. I use systempanel for my overall monitor, cpu memory running apps battery blah blah blah

At most given times theres usually 34MB left but it being android os and being based off of linux it should be shutting down un-needed apps as the OS requires more.

Back
Top Bottom