• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow PDF Rendering

Hi all,

I regularly receive a newsletter in PDF format on e-mail.
It is a rather complex file; several text and graphics layers, and often 20+ pages.

Adobe Reader can easily spend 3 minutes... on EACH PAGE... whereas my iPad 2 renders everything perfectly smoothly.

I've tried a few PDF readers, such as EzPDF and SmartQ, and while they are significantly faster than Adobe Reader, they are still no match to the iPad.
SmartQ would have been perfect if it could render all the pages in memory, but it ill only render the current and next page, thus making it slow to scroll through the whole document.

Do you have some advice here? I am looking for something than can do the job at least as well as my 3 year old iPad!

Thanks!

Hi, and thank you for your reply!

SideBooks works almost perfectly! Still a little rendering lag compared to the iPad, but 2 seconds is a lot better than 2 minutes!
In short, I now have a PDF viewer that I can live well with.

Thanks again!

Strange as it may seem, but I actually use the Kindle app for viewing PDFs and it seems to render quickly and smoothly. A lot better that Adobe Reader, which is very slow.

Thanks for your suggestion. The rendering speed of Kindle was fairly good, but SideBooks is still the fastest.
Wonder why it is so complicated to view PDFs on Android. Everything else runs smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom