• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow response in dialer

exninja

Android Enthusiast
Does anyone notice that their dialer has become extremely slow? I usually call people that are in my recent call log, and when I click on the entry it takes an insanely long time to actually dial, eg 10-15 seconds. Before I realized that it was lagging I would accidentally call people two times because i thought i might not have pressed it. I'm wondering what possible solutions might be? I can see Factory data reset, but that's a last resort. I don't notice a big lag elsewhere, just the usual slowness of the phone on ICS. I've usually got about 180MB of RAM available at any given time, and 200-400MB of ROM space depending on if I let it compile. Thanks!

Have you moved far enough that you'd be using a different telco central office and cell tower - like the next area code over? It could be a problem not in the phone.

That's a good point...I move between cell towers all the time. If that's the reason, it's not very acceptable because it's, well, a MOBILE phone.

Not too big of a deal. New phone and new carrier are happening by the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom