• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart lock sometimes reognizes my home and doesn't ask me to unlock, sometimes not

SampsonNation

I have an S9. It seems that sometimes it reognizes my home and doesn't ask me to unlock the phone. Other times it says "You'll need to unlock your phone to perform that request." This happens when I try to use "OK Google" prompts.

Anyone have suggestions?

I have an S9. It seems that sometimes it reognizes my home and doesn't ask me to unlock the phone. Other times it says "You'll need to unlock your phone to perform that request." This happens when I try to use "OK Google" prompts.

Anyone have suggestions?
when the phone is resting (screen timed out) and you say "ok google" you get the quoted response? and sometimes not? are you saying that at the lockscreen you say "ok google" and at times it takes you to the homescreen without having to unlock your phone?

It seems thats just the nature of the googly beast. I've had the same issues on multiple devices... though most of mine usually won't recognize home at all.

when the phone is resting (screen timed out) and you say "ok google" you get the quoted response? and sometimes not? are you saying that at the lockscreen you say "ok google" and at times it takes you to the homescreen without having to unlock your phone?

I'm saying that sometimes when I say "OK Google" at home while the phone is resting with the screen off, it says "For that, you'll need to unlock your phone."

Second issue I'm having is, I'll say "OK Google" when the phone is resting and I'll hear the chime and then almost immediately I'll hear the chime again. This is annoying because by then I'll have already started saying my request to Google and I'll have to repeat myself to get it to hear me. So, why does it chime twice?

Back
Top Bottom