• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Ph / Android / Hydro ISSUES

n10

Lurker
Hi <<<<<<< new guy here

I am posting this here as I own a Hydro, but this really isnt about the phone
I am a new smart phone user (4 mos now)

I selected this phone mainly because of the cost and figured it would be OK, and seemingly it is, though as I read some of the other posts here, I really haven't had ph issues. Course I only use it for a phone, listen to IHeart, weather checking, note keeping, etc as I rarely go on the internet for anything important (I have the net @ work and home, don't see the need)

BUT...............

Is it normal to constantly have....say....You Tube, Gallery, voicemail, etcetc...you know all of them on the phone, to just randomly turn on ?.....
NOT turn on, but start running, using data and battery even when I am not utilizing the app @ all ?
It seems like with this smart phone I am CONSTANTLY "fighting" with it, like a war to keep shit from running and wasting data and battery.

I use a great CLEAN SWEEP app to 1 touch kill stuff, but still.....everytime I make a call...POW....Gallery, You Tube and My Uploads apps start running

That is just 1 example

WHY do apps randomly just start ?
Are all smart phones like this ?

I realize that that Hydo agreed to place all kinds of bloatware via Google products on phone, but does it have to start even when I am not using it ?

I don't ROOT, so I cant remove stuff, course the above I don't want removed, just don't like apps using data and battery when I haven't engaged them to turn on.

Am I freaking over nothing here ?

Thank You
N10

Ty altaran, I will ck that app out in the store

My real question is:

"Is this kind of activity I described normal"...I mean with every smart phone ?

The store rep told me ALL folks deal with the same thing, though some aren't that concerned with it.
I mean if a different phone will change, I can get another, but it seems if its android based it will have the same apps and do the same thing

TY Again

n10

Ty altaran, I will ck that app out in the store

My real question is:

"Is this kind of activity I described normal"...I mean with every smart phone ?

The store rep told me ALL folks deal with the same thing, though some aren't that concerned with it.
I mean if a different phone will change, I can get another, but it seems if its android based it will have the same apps and do the same thing

TY Again

n10

Hi, unsure if it's normal because the hydro isn't my idea of a normal android but it's the same here too. I think it's similar to a computer, stuff runs even when you're not using it for various programming reasons.

I just read in one of the threads on battery life to press on the double box hard key that shows recent apps and swipe to the right or left to clear that screen, and perhaps it will help save battery. Also setting eco mode high may help.

But yes, I suspect that the apps being on and consuming memory is relatively the same with androids in general. Not to freak out. If you look at when you install something it gives a list of "permissions" and this means you give the app permission to read the SD card, blah blah blah. And thus, that's what it does, even when you haven't asked it to by intentionally opening it.

Back
Top Bottom