• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Smart Stay

dbethards

Continually get alert that Smart Stay cannot detect my eyes, then screen shuts off unless I touch it again. Known issue with the Tab S 10.5 perhaps?

i couldn't even understand how this function works. and, i didn't noticed any changes in screen turning off when i watch on the screen and not... useless IMHO, have to set desirable time-out...

smart stay only works with the video app. it does not work with any other media players. it also needs to be done in a well lit area, but not in direct sun light. i took a video with my tab s and then watched it and it was able to work.

yeah i agree the application is pretty small unless you have movies and such in a mp4 format so that the video app can use it. it would be cool if you can use it for netflix and such.

Why then would it show the message when just reading a Web article for instance? Just to warn you that screen is about to shut itself off?

Why then would it show the message when just reading a Web article for instance? Just to warn you that screen is about to shut itself off?

weird i never get that message and i have kept mine turned on.....not sure what is going on with that. i would just keep it off maybe.

Back
Top Bottom