• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sms app like this?

windozed

Lurker
Hello,

Ex BB user. Not regretting ANYTHING about leaving but missing one feature. Maybe you guys can help me without me having to hunt through each app.

I used BBM A LOT.

The reason why was that I was able to see all my contacts (*whether BB users or regular sms) at the home screen. Unique ringers would be ok but not needed. I have handsent and technically I can do it by simply not erasing messages but I hate not erasing messages.

To make me whole I guess I'd like a messenger style app for listing the contacts of my phone book. Any suggestions?:confused:

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but Handcent will pull up all your contacts with in the app. You can delete entire conversation and still pull up your contacts to send SMS.

You did not mention what phone you own, but for Samsung phones, going to the contacts app, then swiping from right to left on a contact would bring you to that contact's conversation thread.

I will clarify. I have an HTC Merge. Here is exactly what I'm looking for:

I want to open an sms app and see all my contacts. Like an instant messenger does. In BBM I can open it and then choose a contact to message. If this is possible in handcent how do I do it?

No its not possible in handcent AFAIK.

But what you are looking for is possible in stock contacts app. Choose a contact, tap the picture and select message.

Back
Top Bottom