• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS-ing on Galaxy S2

rozel

Oct 2, 2011
UK
Hi all

I have been experimenting with several apps for use with sending SMS messages.

I have two queries please: -

1. Is there anyway you can use two independant SMS programs, one set up for use with certain contacts and another for the rest of your contacts?

2. Using Go SMS Pro - I learnt (before downloading) that with this program you can send SMS using Wireless. Is that right? Or does it mean Go Chat messages, where both the sender and the receiver have to have this program on their respective phones and both connected to Wireless?

Hope somebody can help me please

1. You could use 2 apps but you'd have to make a blacklist in each app of your contacts. I'm not really sure how well that would work.

2. GoChat uses your data instead of your texts. So I don't believe you're required to be connected to WIFI, but you'd be using a lot of data through your carrier if you're not. Yes, you both need GoChat, as I understand it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that - I understand the principles of Go SMS Pro now and Go Chat - many thanks. And the situation with having two distinctly separate applications on one phone (single Sim) is going to be complex. All I am trying to do is separate my personal contacts from my business ones on the same phone and Sim.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it works for messaging but it works for contacts. Just go to any contact. Tap menu, choose edit and scroll down until you get to groups. Tap on it and you will be able to set that contact to be under what group.

After that, under the contacts list, tap menu, choose more and select display options. Here you can choose to display contacts in certain groups only.

Like I said not sure about sms. But maybe some smart developer would be able to make it work.

Cheers

Reactions: rozel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones