• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS/MMS Notification Issues

bszaronos

Jun 4, 2010
Noticed a strange thing on my note 4.
I get a message notification every time else except when I am on the conversation. For example. My phone is in sleep and I get a new message, I get the notification. If I am in the main message window, I get the notification. When I answer the text from my wife and still in the conversation with her, I get no notification.

I checked this on the galaxy s5 and it works on her device, just not mine.

Can anyone else verify that this is normal, and you get the same thing.

My AT&T Galaxy Note 4 will sound off an audible alert when I get text message. However, after I open the default message App and start a text chat, I get no more audible alerts and I have to keep glancing at the phone to know when the other party replies.

Neither AT&T or Samsung support could fix it. They also found that all the other GN4 phones did the same thing. Anyone else with this issue and how to fix it?

Upvote 0
Noticed a strange thing on my note 4.
I get a message notification every time else except when I am on the conversation. For example. My phone is in sleep and I get a new message, I get the notification. If I am in the main message window, I get the notification. When I answer the text from my wife and still in the conversation with her, I get no notification.

I checked this on the galaxy s5 and it works on her device, just not mine.

Can anyone else verify that this is normal, and you get the same thing.
Mine does the same thing. I've taken it to AT&T phone support center and they couldn't fix it. All the other GN4 phones in their store had the same flaw. I hope Samsung fixes it soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones