• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS notifications

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Hi, I'm having some problems with my texts coming through lately. I'll explain...
I use the stock messaging app and have done for ages as it's been enough functionality for what I need and 3rd party messaging apps didn't seem worth the bother that they can be (looking at you GoSMS with too many plugins etc, just more of a headache than it was worth in my memory). However lately I don't always get the notifications through when I have a new message. This was obviously starting to irritate me.
So I decided to download EvolveSMS and this seems fine, nice little app. However this one doesn't seem to give me unread message count, it does give the push notification but not the message count on home screen. In the app tray however it does have the unread count.
The stock messaging app had unread count on home screen, any ideas why this one won't?
Is it something that's not supported? Apart from trying another launcher is it possible to have this functionality or should it actually be happening anyway but my phone is just a lemon?

Back
Top Bottom