• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS Ringtone

huntsamm

Lurker
Hello! I'm completely new to androids. I love my continuum, but i am having a slight issue.

i have downloaded a few ringtones, and they work fine when i set them as my voice call tone. but when i go to change my sms text ringtone, the tones i have downloaded do not come up on the list.

i use audiko and when i find a tone it gives me the option to either set it as a call tone, alarm tone, or sms tone. when i choose sms it still does not work. can anyone help me resolve this issue?

I'm assuming that you are using a stock messenger. Open the messenger app, tap menu, then settings. Then go down to notifications section. Tap 'select ringtone', and it should give you an option of 'android system' or 'audiko'. select audiko, and choose your tone. If it doesn't give you an option for audiko, it may not be supported. I use Zedge and have no problems with it, if that's the case and you'd like an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom