• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SMS send bad. Receive OK

BOught the Korean version. It's geat. Can do everything except send SMS. Rooted the phone and disabled the Korean bloatware, But still cant send. Receive is fine.

Thanks all for your helpful ideas. Messages doesn't have the described GSM option in the menu. It sounds like a solid idea though. Tried to remove diopen Korean ime. Cant work out how to do that. Using Optus Australia network.

Thanks

Message Doctoror for assitance. Folks all over eastern Europe are using the Korean version on GSM with no problems. You may need to reflash the 4.1.2 ROM that he has made.

Ca201l Stock rom of Korean version is made for use only with LGU+ network in Korea, so maybe it is not entirely compatiple with Optus network. I think Casio C811' rom is a Global version so it can use in many country, maybe it is solve your problem. Try to flash its rom.

Willing to try a flash ROM at this point, but it's my first time and I would like to try the safest one. I really like the theme and interface that came with it. What's the best one to try? Also, maybe I should uninstall all the Korean bloatware and branded software that came with it. Is that safe?

@singlestep first try follow :
when you received a message from a number preceded +614xxxxxx, if you reply directly from opened message back to sender so you can not, is it true? If yes, try to do remove +61 in the field phone number receiver and ad 0 precede, i mean that if you want to send a SMS you should send to 04xxxxxx don't send to +614xxxxxx.
Im not sure will it work , sorry my English is very bad, try to understand me.

Firstly, this is the best forum I have ever experience. Please have lots of helpful ideas and don't complain about me being a noobie. I love this phone so much I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get it fully working. I have the CA201L. Seems a mild risk to use the ROM abouve with that model since it affects camera function, but I'll try it. I read the thread above for the ROM. Thanks. Do you know if this is a generic Jellybean version or does it have the Casio stuff, like pedometer and widgets?

So I flashed the ROM and it went well, thanks. Except it runs the set up wizard and when I get to stage two, Phone Activation and it says "No Service"

Is this locked to Verizon even with the ROM? I flashed without the sim card in. Would that matter?

Thanks for that. The problem is the normal phone call system though. I can't make or send normal phone calls. The icon that shows how many bars the signal has has a bright redghost busters looking icon on it. I'll go and set up the apn now anyway, but I thought the phone calll system was unrelated. Thanks everyone for the great support by the way.

As per the link above I tried using motochopper with no success. Seems like it can't find the device. My windows computer shows the phone as a having two accessible hard drives. The phone says USB debugging connected. Before flashing the ROM I used unlock root pro with no issues but it now cannot find the device either. It's the Korean 201 model by the way. Is there something I need to do with the flashing software after successful flashing?

Go back and look at Doctoror's thread for the original ROM. Seems like there were some special instructions for the 201L folks. Also, since you have the Korean version you need the correct drivers. Willster419 has a thread about that in the ATR section, but look here:

http://androidforums.com/commando-4...-type-l-adb-drivers-recovery.html#post6443034

for the important part.

As said before, you are not the only person using this device on GSM, not sure what the problem is. I can put a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM in my phone and it works without a problem.

Still having problems. It boots and I lost my fear of ROMming but still not functional. Bought the American version and installed the APK for changing the carrier and it's all good. I'll work on the Korean one more carefully and thoroughly now. Thanks everyone for their help. This forum is great.

:D

Back
Top Bottom