• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Snesoid Prblm

Ok so ive been really enjoy'n my new Sony xperia and have been slowly reloading my apps and roms... Neway here's the problem i've got a fully functional Snesoid and running roms to go with it. including dejaped versions. but thats where the problem has come in. i know for a fact that the 3 translated rom's worked perfect before this: romancing saga 2/3 Dragon quest 3. I was 12+ HRS in on romancing 3. But i decided to expand my library a little adding 7-8 new roms including Star ocean that i had to manually patch <into the rom> the translations. Well it didn't fully work, menus where not translated, so i trashed it(thou im fairly sure this didn't cause the problem). Now all the other roms (i had not previously tested the new ones,b4 star ocean), I added where black screen'd, but ONLY translated 1's. Btw i have tried running under C core. also my Killer instinct and primal rage,these where new also, black screen'd. So i deleted all of the newer roms. I reset the folder so to speak, By deleting every new item including hidden and hidden system, because translated Roms usualy make a hidden save with the translation Idx. I tried to run my previously working Translated roms < I'm try'n to stress, this is only with japanese-english games) But in short, the game loads off the save just fine, Battles (how ever the game handles them) and map transition all work, but menus and cut scenes cause a black screen in all 3. So after hrs of troubleshooting i decided to sacrifice my hrs of play and deleted all non-working roms and then re-installed the SNESoid and then each rom but same problem the game boots(without saves)just fine. But when it try's to load the actual START of the game not title and start menu. It blacks out again. I can't for the life of me figure out what has caused this change. Again all Native ENGLISH roms work just fine. Any ideas. Ps: this has all been done with out rooting, sony interface is very Admin friendly ;) Thx for help in advance (fingers crossed)
Addendum when this black screen happens, i can exit the game but if I try ANY other action with the snesoid after this games/settings/reset ect. it locks up and i have to force kill it. then its back to normal?!?!

I just noticed that some how this post has been put under Xperia play..... This is not a Play Edition it is Xperia Mini PRO

Back
Top Bottom