• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Snote Update missing features

Do you want Samsung to return these missing features in Snote?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never noticed this features

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Hello,

I have the note 4 and updated to marshmallow the other day and also updated to the new snote. Since then alot of features are missing in snote which is really annoying. Features missing include:

-Unable to take a photography and set it as background through snote and has to be done separately

-Photonote is gone from the widget

-Can no longer edit and apply effects to pictures I import into snote

-The feature that allows users to take a picture using a user defined shape is gone.

-The gear icon in the notes preview is gone which allowed users to quickly share or delete notes is gone.

These are the features i have noticed and every time i use snote i seem to find more missing features. This is pretty annoying. I sent feedback to samsung regarding these issues and got a standard automatic response which basically confirmed i was having an issue and stated that "If this option will become available again, we are confident that you will be aware of this situation as soon as it happens" I dont have confidence in samsung fixing these issues and am considering doing a factory reset and switching off automatic updates.

I just wanted to know if anyone has noticed these changes. Or if you are considering updating and use these features, to warn users that they will be lost.

Thanks,
George

A quick note to say that a factory reset will not take you back to Lollipop, so that won't help.

I think some of the features have just been moved..try long pressing a note in the notes preview for example..

Hi thanks for your reply. I haven't done the factory reset but i unistalled the update of the snot app and that didn't work.

To be honest, i was a little mad when i noticed all these features were missing. And then i suddenly realized how long i actually spend on my phone. Looking at rubbish on the internet. I go to bed and spend about 2 hours looking at rubbish online. Then i noticed how many people drive with their phones, and i got pedestrians walling in front of my car in the city while they are buried in their phones. Your in the middle of a conversation with someone and their phone rings, and they are straight to their phone. I was in work researching something online the other day and found myself on stupid websites telling me amazing things I never knew about Google Earth or some junk about 10 cutest child celebrities and what they look like now. Who cares?? This little hiccup with snote has made me realize how much time i have actually wasted on the internet. I know it's an extreme measure but i've actually gone back to my old candy bar nokia phone. I can make calls and sent SMS messages. Thats all I need. Don't want to be getting notifications every 2 minutes and being sucked into the internet. Also on a side note, my note 4 kept resetting and crashing. My phone rang the other day and before i got to it it had reset itself. So far no problems with the basic Nokia and the battery lasts more than a day.

So thats all, be careful about wasting your time on the internet folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones