• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I'm back, need in help once again.

Cutecat42

My phone is having serious battery drain issues. I downloaded an app (Battery Doctor) that would help with it, but I didn't improve it very much. I used to be able to go all day, now I'm at less than half power if my phone sits with the screen off for a few hours. Help please!

Hi Cutecat42. Two things could be contributing to your battery drain. It could be the battery... but is the less likely culprit of the two. The more likely reason you are seeing unusual battery drain is an app not playing well on your phone. If the problem started suddenly... that's likely the problem child. If you can remember adding something new to your phone about that time.. I suggest you disable or remove that app and see if battery life improves. If you aren't certain what app might be draining your battery, you will want to go into your setting>power and see if that might show you something or settings>apps>running. Somewhere along those queries should yield a list of running apps. See is something is running that shouldn't be or something that seems to be a power hog and shouldn't be. I hope this helps.

It's not an app, I don't think. In my battery screen, it says "Screen 42%, Cell Standby 17%, Android OS 13%, Android System 8%, Device Idle 6%" and then my first app comes up at 3%. Since screen is taking up so much, I've lowered my brightness, but that didn't help any.

I used to have a battery drain problem. I would not use my phone all day and it would be dead. I checked the battery stats and Media was at the top of the list. I was because the media scanner got caught in a loop. Idk if you might have the same problem but if its not that it might just be your battery. Did you charge it fully when you first got it?

What I did when I had the same problem both on the stock and KitKat lookn ROM was go to application manager in the settings and force stopd every app downloaded and rebooted...hoped this helpd ur battery problem as it helpd mine

Back
Top Bottom