• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root So long, and thanks for all the flash(ing [ROMs])

NESJohnny

I'm a bit off topic, but I just wanted to say my farewell. My device has gotten worse suddenly, VM coverage doesn't work at my house*, so it's just time to switch providers. But y'all saw me at my worst, sweating in frustration at a once great device as it froze into uselessness every 45 minutes. Thanks for the tech support, the info, thanks especially to Supaboy for the amazing ROMs! Having a month old phone turn from great to useless was so disappointing, that jellybeansandwich ROM really saved my device. I learned a lot about android, flashing (I just solved a router issue flashing it with dd-wrt!), and the excitement of unlocking a device.

It's been real, thanks guys. :smokingsomb:

*VM refuses to troubleshoot with me, they tell me that service is "good" in my area, even as my phone call to tech support/India is breaking up. It was good a year ago, I dunno what happened. After getting ignored, hearing BS excuses, I filed a complaint with the FTC and switched.

I'm a bit off topic, but I just wanted to say my farewell. My device has gotten worse suddenly, VM coverage doesn't work at my house*, so it's just time to switch providers. But y'all saw me at my worst, sweating in frustration at a once great device as it froze into uselessness every 45 minutes. Thanks for the tech support, the info, thanks especially to Supaboy for the amazing ROMs! Having a month old phone turn from great to useless was so disappointing, that jellybeansandwich ROM really saved my device. I learned a lot about android, flashing (I just solved a router issue flashing it with dd-wrt!), and the excitement of unlocking a device.

It's been real, thanks guys. :smokingsomb:

*VM refuses to troubleshoot with me, they tell me that service is "good" in my area, even as my phone call to tech support/India is breaking up. It was good a year ago, I dunno what happened. After getting ignored, hearing BS excuses, I filed a complaint with the FTC and switched.

You're going the Republic Wireless route right? haha...and it has been a pleasure assisting you in the places where i have. Thanks for all the support.

-Superboy4444-

What're you gonna do with the old reverb?

I'm looking at selling it, probably locally, keeping it rooted with the JellybeanSandwich Party Time ROM. If you're interested in picking it up let me know, hit my screen name at gmail and we could work something out. I'd give a forum member and fellow Metroid fan a good deal. I was going to keep it on hand since my wife is keeping Virgin, but she'd rather have the cash than a back up in the drawer.

You're going the Republic Wireless route right? haha...and it has been a pleasure assisting you in the places where i have. Thanks for all the support.

-Superboy4444-
Republic all the way man, when I heard you gave it thumbs up that was basically all I needed to hear! I dig the Reverb, but my work got me an iphone. Now, I'm not into iOS, but man, I gotta say, that phone is so snappy, and it's such a joy having it work as it should all the time. No waiting for the GPS to lock, etc. Made me think maybe it's time to upgrade now that my budget can handle that.

And Supaboy, man, I can't thank you enough to the love you poured into these ROMs and the support you've given us! If Virgin was half as dedicated as you are they'd still have me as a customer. I don't know what your aspirations are but I know you're going to go far with 'em.

Back
Top Bottom