• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So the buttons died...

I had my zmax in my pocket for say 30 minutes next thing i know i take it out and the back, home and menu button stopped working. I did a factory restore but nothing had to install button savior. Im using broken rom. Any advice?

It is now slowly reaching up and part of the bottom of my touch screen isn't working. Im going to replace it soon any suggestions on a phone i can get? Try not to keep your zmax on your back pocket.

It is now slowly reaching up and part of the bottom of my touch screen isn't working. Im going to replace it soon any suggestions on a phone i can get? Try not to keep your zmax on your back pocket.
Nothing says you can't get another ZMAX. I think metro stills sells it and the Walmart family mobile one is literally the T-Mobile model, its being sold for $109.00

hmmm... and i would have spare parts. Interesting idea even though I'm thinking of getting a phone that has more development, roms and such. Now I'm kinda torn.

Me im just crazy this forum is alive with activity and our roms get updated every week im just pretending most of the devs have left and only a few people help out (which im grateful for)and the only rom that is still in development is broken. Dont pay me any mind. I think you made my desition easier for me.

Me im just crazy this forum is alive with activity and our roms get updated every week im just pretending most of the devs have left and only a few people help out (which im grateful for)and the only rom that is still in development is broken. Dont pay me any mind. I think you made my desition easier for me.
I don't think he meant anything bad but what he said. If you really don't want another ZMAX. Get a oneplus two invite and order that phone. That'll be your best alternative. If you really want to leave. Then see you. It was nice having you here

I love my zmax and im still trying to squeeze the life out of it even though the screen is slowly dying from the bottom up. I just got upset because ghet2rockuu doesn't seem to realize whats going on. Im just looking for options. But im just thinking that the same thing might happen to anther zmax. Has this happen to anyone else or was mine just a fluke? Just stuff like that, not some random person asking me what im thinking when i have been here since the start and have seen everything that happens here.

I love my zmax and im still trying to squeeze the life out of it even though the screen is slowly dying from the bottom up. I just got upset because ghet2rockuu doesn't seem to realize whats going on. Im just looking for options. But im just thinking that the same thing might happen to anther zmax. Has this happen to anyone else or was mine just a fluke? Just stuff like that, not some random person asking me what im thinking when i have been here since the start and have seen everything that happens here.
I think it's only happened to you, at least you're the only to report touch issues. There have been some screen discoloration issues. But. Not touch screen death

I think it's only happened to you, at least you're the only to report touch issues. There have been some screen discoloration issues. But. Not touch screen death

Well the screen and buttons dying sounds like a hardware defect to me. Why don't you restore the phone to stock and get a warranty replacement?

I didn't have the buttons die, but on my zmax I had the screen go yellow for some reason never dropped, no idea. I replaced mine with the stylo. Just some input hope it helps.
Anthony.

it's a year old bought it at walmart the univision mobile version and am using it for simple mobile, i dont think it has any warranty left.
Well. It's not that steep to buy another ZMAX. $100 bucks for a phone. Can't really ask for more. My first phone was a nexus 4(had it for a few months). I came to this phone and have no complaints.

since it's not completely dead im still using it and i think i will use it to read and listen to music and get a smaller cheaper phone just to make calls. So i will stay around it dies and i may even buy another one i will make my decision after december once i get some money coming in. And thank you all for your input :).

Back
Top Bottom