• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Soft Bricked phone

darcwolf

Just flashed my phone, and used goomanager to download a new rom, it failed bad. I can access twrp and fastboot, but cant get the phone to boot so I cant put on another rom to flash.

I've read through dozens of threads, and people just throw out suggestions or use terms I have no clue what they are talking about. I read something about adb being an option. But can't seem to figure out how to use it with a already softbricked phone.

And going through my phone my restore image is gone, so I cant just revert back. Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you now? what has changed what have you tried. I was where you are Just last night. What rom did you try?
Which phone are you on - t-mobile US?
Did you flash to the new recovery TWRP?

Just flashed my phone, and used goomanager to download a new rom, it failed bad. I can access twrp and fastboot, but cant get the phone to boot so I cant put on another rom to flash.

I've read through dozens of threads, and people just throw out suggestions or use terms I have no clue what they are talking about. I read something about adb being an option. But can't seem to figure out how to use it with a already softbricked phone.

And going through my phone my restore image is gone, so I cant just revert back. Any help would be appreciated.

It's Simple ! DO NOT PANIC :)

-go to TWRP recovery and mount your device as USB storage
-download ViperOneS ROM for S4 version : ViperOneS_2.1.0.zip | by thetorxx for One S [My favorite so far !] and install the new BOOT.IMG from ROM .zip file in fastboot mode
-install ROM from TWRP
-reboot > enjoy !

-IF mounting w/ TWRP does not work, try the NEW version of CWM Recovery [i'm using it and it's GOOD] : ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries >>> NOTE : This is ONLY for S4 VERISON !!
-Try the above steps again :)

It's Simple ! DO NOT PANIC :)

-go to TWRP recovery and mount your device as USB storage
-download ViperOneS ROM for S4 version : ViperOneS_2.1.0.zip | by thetorxx for One S [My favorite so far !] and install the new BOOT.IMG from ROM .zip file in fastboot mode
-install ROM from TWRP
-reboot > enjoy !

-IF mounting w/ TWRP does not work, try the NEW version of CWM Recovery [i'm using it and it's GOOD] : ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries >>> NOTE : This is ONLY for S4 VERISON !!
-Try the above steps again :)

I kinda figured it out, I found out my main pc was being dumb with drivers and whenever I tried to copy a rom over it told me the file didn't exist.

I tried another pc, copied it over and got it to a usable state. Unfortunatly I cant seem to flash ANY jelly bean roms, every time I try it gets stuck in a boot loop. ICS seems to work though, Also with ics my phone prompted for an update, tells me to reboot and then throws me into twrp and I can never finish the update. And sometimes the phone wont boot at all or I will tell it to shut down and it will just restart and I have to hard reset it. Anyone got a clue what I did? :(

I kinda figured it out, I found out my main pc was being dumb with drivers and whenever I tried to copy a rom over it told me the file didn't exist.

I tried another pc, copied it over and got it to a usable state. Unfortunatly I cant seem to flash ANY jelly bean roms, every time I try it gets stuck in a boot loop. ICS seems to work though, Also with ics my phone prompted for an update, tells me to reboot and then throws me into twrp and I can never finish the update. And sometimes the phone wont boot at all or I will tell it to shut down and it will just restart and I have to hard reset it. Anyone got a clue what I did? :(

sound slike you are s on and not flashing the matching boot image. youll need to flash the boot image via fastboot,and then JB roms should work. you are able to install stockish ics roms,as they are compatible with your current ics kernel.

you cannot accept OTAs with a custom recovery in palce. you risk really jamming up your phone doing this,so please stop trying. usually custom roms are modified to not look for updates. if you find this to not be the case,clear your caches from twrp to clear the download from memory. then look for and freeze or delete a file called "updater" with titanium backup(or my backup pro,or other bloat freezer/deleter)

that should stop it from looking for the OTA.

Back
Top Bottom