• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Softbank Prepaid SIM with X10a

shungo

Newbie
I bought i prepaid sim card in japan and i am using it with my X10a. I can call and sms with softbank users but i cannot email people without wifi. does anyonw know how it works?

thanks
 
If your SIM card plan doesn't include data you cannot send e-mails, browse the web, etc.

If it does include data ask your provider for the APN settings. You can set this up in Settings; Mobile Networks; Access Point Names.
 
really? how come i can use a softbank phone without data plan and send email but not the X10a without data plan???
 
If the same SIM can send e-mails using a Softbank phone, then I would believe you need to setup the X10 as mentioned above. Also, maybe Softbank allows their branded phone to send e-mails but not others?
 
Back
Top Bottom