• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update: 1.47.61.1 (Orange, UK)

notebook

Android Enthusiast
Orange UK are rolling out updates for the Desire S ROM - Software number 1.47.61.1

As reported with 1.47.401.4, it says it improves system performance, but doesn't indicate what the changes are. On start-up, you're given the option of using two new plug-ins: Picassa and Linked-In.

There's also a 'Dock Mode' app which has nothing to do with (car) 'Dock' (available through Settings).

After you've updated, your current Software Information will be:

Android version

HTC Sense version

Baseband verion
20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M

Kernel version
2.6.35.10-g2ee27f5
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Wed Jun 8 19:20:03 CST 2011

Build number
1.47.61.1 CL78999 release-keys

Software number

Browser version
WebKit/533.1

I'm with Orange UK and I haven't received this update yet. Should I be worried? Since having my Desire S (about 2 months) I haven't got any FOTA updates...

This is the first Orange ROM update for the Desire S. It'll eventually get round to you, as long as you have your phone set to automatically check for updates, Menu > Settings > About phone > Software updates.

This update killed my phone. Just locked up and had to be turned off and on about 10 times to get working again. went to bed last night, it was working ok, wake up and its locked up.... now completely had it . Phoned Orange and they're sending a new phone out.

This update is a complete waste of time. Messes up the handset completely. Since updating it on friday i have not been able to receive messages or phonecalls properly despite having full signal. calls dont come through and messages take up to 2 hours.

Now im stuck here with no new update and a messed up phone :/

Back
Top Bottom