• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update Option?

behold_this

Android Expert
I was reading through the manual online and it mentions that the slide has the software update option that all android phones have in the settings menu in about phone...I looked for it after reading that cause I hadn't see it and guess what...it's not there. Anyone know what's up with this? I'm sure it won't affect receiving ota's but it's strange that it is in the manual but not in the phone.

That is strange, I don't see it on mine either.

Guess you can't force OTA upgrade searches. Maybe they took it out because of us impatient SS BH2 owners looking for upgrades in the past!

:)

Lol yeah they removed it for some reason last min or it wouldn't be in the manual I just wonder why...I bet you it was tmo that removed it not htc cause they wouldn't have put it in the manual if they didn't intend for it to be there. Other possiblity is that it only shows when there is an update available, like if choose to install update later from the ota notification.

Yeah, this issue has been stressing me out for the longest time. When I first got my phone, I spent two days straight searching all over for the update button. When I was not able to find it, I thought my phone was defective. Its really too bad that we don't have that for our phones.

download anycut from the market and use that to search for it ..its there

Trying to force an update using Anycut by placing an updates shortcut on the homescrean doesn't work. It causes the following error:

"Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."..... Force Close

Not when you use the second system update choice from activities list! then choose htc software update then press check now, but still doesn't work just stays in checking box and never transfers any data

You only get the force close if you choose firmware update!

Not when you use the second system update choice from activities list! then choose htc software update then press check now, but still doesn't work just stays in checking box and never transfers any data

You only get the force close if you choose firmware update!

So essentially this Anycut was useless for trying to force this MR update.

Back
Top Bottom