• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software Update

jamala00

Android Enthusiast
Anyone know what the software update was my phone ran this AM? Not finding any documentation on what the update included...

Never Mind... Just found it..

The update will add support for Isis Mobile Wallet, fix power cycling issues, improve Bluetooth clarity, and include new security patches. In other words, it’s a pretty minor update, but still an update nonetheless.

It's nice that VZW hasn't forgotten us. Any advice for rooted users? I went ahead and ran it and the Teamwin bootloader comes up when it reboots. I'm trying a full power cycle to see if the update ran.

Update: Seems my rooted stock ROM doesn't want the update to happen.

assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"), "00000000" ... , "VZW_00
E: Error in /cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip
(Status 7)
E: Error installing zip file '/cache/fumo/OTAPkg.zip'
Done processing script file

Tips appreciated.

Update again: After randomly pushing buttons for a while and doing another reboot, I got "Android is updating". The update still fails, though. Is there a way to temporarily disable the bootloader?

It's nice that VZW hasn't forgotten us. Any advice for rooted users? I went ahead and ran it and the Teamwin bootloader comes up when it reboots. I'm trying a full power cycle to see if the update ran.

Update: Seems my rooted stock ROM doesn't want the update to happen.

Tips appreciated.

Update again: After randomly pushing buttons for a while and doing another reboot, I got "Android is updating". The update still fails, though. Is there a way to temporarily disable the bootloader?

Being rooted, there is a very good chance your custom bootloader/recovery is blocking the OTA. This is usually done to prevent issues from OTA updates on rooted phones. Being rooted, please do NOT attempt to install this update as it would break your root, if it didn't brick your phone.

Kratos

Thanks for the suggestions and the nag fix (although I couldn't decipher the linked conversation--instructions appreciated).

Update: How to edit build.prop

I used ES File Explorer and ES Note Editor. Be sure to enable Root Explorer in the settings (globe/phone icon at upper left), then click Root Explorer and enable Mount R/W for the /system/ directory.

tl;dr
Navigate to <root>/system/build.prop and edit.
Change
Code:
fireball:4.0.4/IMM76D/111397.2
to
Code:
fireball:4.0.4/IMM76D/278117.2
at about 20% down the file.

The stuff above did not stop the nag. I still get the defer popup on a regular basis. I've deleted the OTA archive file from /cache/, but still the nag.

Here's the tail of the discussion at xda-developers.

Next try, deleting HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_VZW.apk and HtcOMADM_VZW.apk from /system/app/ per the same thread.

After a reboot, this is working. I'll report back if it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom