• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOLVED]HELP! Can't Root OR Unroot

kman9637

So this is a little interesting... I rooted my phone a couple months ago, and everything worked great, recently, none of the apps that needed root work, so i downloaded root checker and to my surprise, found out that its not rooted!!

So, my PC thinks its rooted and it wont re-root it, and i cant delete Superuser because its a system app, and needs root access to uninstall!! Any help would be appreciated.

If you can go to super user and turn it to auto grant permissions that worked for me. Good luck hope it helps

So this is a little interesting... I rooted my phone a couple months ago, and everything worked great, recently, none of the apps that needed root work, so i downloaded root checker and to my surprise, found out that its not rooted!!

So, my PC thinks its rooted and it wont re-root it, and i cant delete Superuser because its a system app, and needs root access to uninstall!! Any help would be appreciated.

Same as what lnr4e said. It has to do with using the wrong version of superuser and the su binary. Not sure if you updated the binary, but it has to be a 3.0 version, not a 3.1. Something changed that made it not compatible.

Didn't work. Interesting you said the binary version had some compatibility issues with the rise. The hard drive on my laptop went corrupt so i lost all my files including the version of bin4ry that worked with the rise that worked. Any ideas on what version works since the newer version has the new superuser binary?

Back
Top Bottom