• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [solved]Is it possible? Sdcard question.

I haven't really done much as far as tweaking android. I was wondering if it is possible to use my external sd card as the primary storage? i am using cyanogen mod 11 from dadcup here, and i wanna use external sd card over internal. my phone doesnt have near enough memory and i keep running out. i dont care if i lose access to my internal memory.

i was looking around online but none of the methods i could find worked, or were even correct.

Last edited:
I haven't really done much as far as tweaking android. I was wondering if it is possible to use my external sd card as the primary storage? i am using cyanogen mod 11 from dadcup here, and i wanna use external sd card over internal. my phone doesnt have near enough memory and i keep running out. i dont care if i lose access to my internal memory.

i was looking around online but none of the methods i could find worked, or were even correct.
Do you mean like installing apps to your SD card?

installing apps to and having obb run off of my external. there are a bunch of games i have that i cant play because they are bigger than the internal storage on the phone.
I don't think you can. There was a method to be able to install and run apps and games off of your SD card but I don't remember what it was. I don't think it works anymore though. The best you can do is uninstall system apps you don't need and move the few apps you can to your SD card.

I don't think you can. There was a method to be able to install and run apps and games off of your SD card but I don't remember what it was. I don't think it works anymore though. The best you can do is uninstall system apps you don't need and move the few apps you can to your SD card.
even then there are a few games that exceed how much internal storage is even in the phone.

Back
Top Bottom