• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Some help finding the right RUU

Altaone

I could use some help finding the RUU I need for my Phone.

Getvar
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.14.0005
version-baseband: 1.13.50.05.25
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno:
imei:
product: vle
platform: HBOOT-8960
modelid: PJ4011000
cidnum: 11111111
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4155mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: 8be28a51
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0
I found a Tmous 2.35 but it has the wrong baseband I think

I downloaded this, but the radio seems to be wrong.
RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_TMOUS_2.35.531.7_Radio_1.08ts.50.02.16_10.08e.50.04L_release_279577_signed.exe

How do I find out more of what is in this RUU - how do I find out the Hboot version

I could not find the FDAQ - the guide for running the RUU tells you how to get the info from your phone, but not how to make sure the RUU matches.

assuming your phone was originally a t mobile branded device,you were prolly on software build 2.35.531.10,for wich there is no RUU. this is the same version that my phone was on when i got it,tho your baseband is wierd,mine was 1.11t.50.02.22 on that build,with hboot 1.14.0005. typically the 1.14.0004 hboot would prevent you from back-tracking build versions,but you can try running the 2.35.531.7 ruu,since it was such a minor OTA,and you have no main version listed,it may work.

your other option would be to s-off since your superCID,and then you can run any ruu you wish :)

I am heading for S-off - I think I may be having file system issues. I so far have not been able to flash any roms except for CM10 and 10.1

I asked in the S-off IRC channel and told them what was happening, they said to run RUU and start over. after beating my head against the wall last night I was tempted to just go for S-off and cross my fingers - then I can address possible file system write problems - it might make it easier - I dont know it might make a brick though too.

Opinions requested - if it was your phone and you had 600.00 laying around in case, what would you do?

I personally would flash viper rom and s off on that. There's no reason it won't flash and boot for you as long as you manually flash the boot image. :)

I have not tried s-off.

Viper - both 1 and 2 wont install - the rom runs and says finished - no errors when installing from sdcard. it is after the install is run you can choose to save log file. then get the log file text from sd and in that it said I/O error.

I couldnt install or get to work some other roms as well - dark jelly - virtous.

Fastboot always worked and never gave errors.

So the ROMs won't boot? Have you manually installed the boot image?

A lot of folks seemed to have had luck with s off on cm10. Go ahead and try it on whatver you're running.

Yeah

fastboot flash boot boot.img == worked but then the roms would not boot it acted like I had not flashed boot img. also my nandroid restore would not work. I am checking md5's, I have read and read. helped people with their devices.

So any way thanks for the input here goes S-off

The whole reason I am asking about this is I read a post that said it was possibly better to be on Viper before trying for S-off.

i tried it repeatedly on stock,and had about every error ive read about :eek:

i flashed viper after several reports of being on that,and it worked the first time. i didnt try cm10 or 10.1,but i did read alot of reports of folks being on it and it working.

i think the error either way,is the right version/type of superuser. i was using superSU on stock,and getting segmentation errors,wich is some sort of issue with the binary. viper contained a different superuser,as does cm10.

have you had any luck?

Opinions requested - if it was your phone and you had 600.00 laying around in case, what would you do?

..i'd probably get a new device, from what i can see now on the market, i would get the same device since it runs perfectly and it gives me that bang for buck ratio, but you could also look for the HTC One or HTC Butterfly.

Back
Top Bottom