• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some quirks with Jelly Bean..

marvinblue

Hi all. I got JB flashed to me toady. I quite like it save two things: I had removed the microbes live wallpaper that came with either Gingerbread or ICS (can't remember which), as well as the lock screen animation, that looks like you've switched off a CRT TV. Is there any way to re-install these items? On the plus side though the ICS start-up animation has been replaced with the famous nexus "X". Yay for that!!

Hi all. I got JB flashed to me toady. I quite like it save two things: I had removed the microbes live wallpaper that came with either Gingerbread or ICS (can't remember which), as well as the lock screen animation, that looks like you've switched off a CRT TV. Is there any way to re-install these items?
The TV animation is still there on my Nexus S with stock v4.1.1 JB installed. As for the Microbes wallpaper, it's gone so you would need to find a way to sideload it I think.
On the plus side though the ICS start-up animation has been replaced with the famous nexus "X". Yay for that!!
Yes, I didn't care for the other animation...it wasn't a Nexus type start up at all. Not that I see it much as my phone is always on.
:D

The 'old-TV' animation is still there too, my phone is on the stock 4.1 version and was factory reset too after updating, so it's definitely still in there.

I noticed microbes had gone too which I thought was strange and a little disappointing. Not massive though.

Personally, I wish they'd left the Gingerbread boot screen animation because that was definitely the best. Not that it matters much, it's just temporary eye candy! :)

Gingerbread's boot screen was the best. As for my CRT animation, mine is sporadic. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Maybe a factory reset might work..

Gingerbread's boot screen was the best. As for my CRT animation, mine is sporadic. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. Maybe a factory reset might work..

not too happy about jelly bean...it ruined my nexus s and my motorola xoom...wifi no longer works with about 30% of routers. It connects...and then after about 5 minutes the wifi icon on the tray turns gray (basically saying it still is connected but no longer has internet access). To get access again i have to toggle wifi on/off once.....every 5 minutes!!!!!!!!
Not too happy.

-tagsfordroid.com

not too happy about jelly bean...it ruined my nexus s and my motorola xoom...wifi no longer works with about 30% of routers. It connects...and then after about 5 minutes the wifi icon on the tray turns gray (basically saying it still is connected but no longer has internet access). To get access again i have to toggle wifi on/off once.....every 5 minutes!!!!!!!!
Not too happy.
-tagsfordroid.com
Are you sure about that?

The colour of the WiFi and Mobile icons is not related to internet connectivity alone. If the icons are grey, it means the OS is not connected to Google servers, but you should still have internet access. Once your phone connects to Google servers, the icons turn blue. If the icons turn grey again, it's because the Google connection is currently lost, or paused in the case of WiFi when the screen turns off. When you hit the button to wake up the device, it may take a minute for the Google connection to re-establish.

The colour scheme has changed over time with the major OS versions, but the concept is the same for all versions.

Back
Top Bottom