• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help some things not working

pcdebb

Android Enthusiast
Hello all,

I've had my TapouT edition phone for a while now. I'm not totally happy with it and i'm trying not to throw in the towel.

A few things that has NEVER worked on my phone:

Gmail. I have to actually go in the app and refresh instead of it automatically notifying me of incoming messages.

wifi never works either. i'd like it to jump on wifi when i get home, but hwen i look in the settings it says disconnected. for no reason at all i was in airplane mode lastnite. i have no idea for how long but I was suspicious of not getting any calls all nite :mad: matter of fact it seems alot of my issues are with internet apps. foursquare never works, and sometimes facebook is extremely crappy.

the camera is ridiculous. i use barcode scanner alot, but it can never get a clear picture, it's very blurry :(

would a master reset work? I'm considering doing this and try to start over fresh. or should i make them give me a phone that works?

For G-Mail, go to EMAIL>MENU>SETTINGS & look for inbox check frequency.Also,check your ACCOUNTS & SYNC settings in the SETTINGS section.

Hope someone else,especially on METRO PCS,can chime in on the WI-FI issues(I'm w/CRICKET,no WI-FI issues/problems)

apparently I had sync turned off :confused: turned it on and started beeping right away :p

I turned wifi on, but at some point it might cut back off. I'm kinda suspicious of my router tho.

I'm doing some reading and I'm considering trying cm7 or something, I'm bored with the phone. I"m a little confused but i'm trying to understand it.

apparently I had sync turned off :confused: turned it on and started beeping right away :p

I turned wifi on, but at some point it might cut back off. I'm kinda suspicious of my router tho.

I'm doing some reading and I'm considering trying cm7 or something, I'm bored with the phone. I"m a little confused but i'm trying to understand it.

Give CM7 a try. Very easy to install.If you can find a decent WI-FI connection, you can download everything you need on your phone's browser.
If you're rooted & have Clockwork Mod Recovery installed,just go to the WIKI page that is listed in the main CM7 thread & it's all there.
I jumped from stock/rooted to CM7 & haven't looked back.CM7 ROCKS!

In the meantime, check some of the other WI-FI /1X-3G threads for similar issues concerning your router & WI-FI.

I am rooted but dont have clockwork installed. that's where I get confused I guess. Or as I usually do, i'm "over analyzing" it.

I went and downloaded everything into a folder on my computer. only thing I couldnt get was gapps? I backed up my contacts to my sdcards and also used metro-backup, then synced my apps to appbrain.

I'm not a complete n00b, I am a nerd but not well versed in rooting and flashing with android stuff :)

I'm gonna list the steps I used to install CM7 on my stock/rooted 2.1.1 CRICKET ASCEND,all w/o a computer.You can do this w/ WI-FI.

1) Download ROM MANAGER to your phone.Install CWM Recovery 3.0.0.5 using ROM MANAGER.

2) Format your SDcard using ROM MANAGER.If you're interested in installing DARK TREMORS A2SD or the app LINK2SD,to accompany CM7, you'll need to partition your SDcard accordingly,also using ROM MANAGER (see each applicable partitioning setup in the DT A2SD thread or LINK2SD MARKET APP description)Formatting & partitioning the SDcard will delete all contents on the card,so,back up data to an external source if you wish to have it on the phone @ a later date.

D/L the CM7, GAPPS,(& METROFF,if on METRO PCS)directly to your phone's browser & install CM7 first, then GAPPS,METROFF(as needed) & DTS A2SD if desired.

i got CWM installed, currently backing up in recovery mode. I have a rom manager installed already but dont remember which one.

i cannot find a download of gapps anywhere. all links i try are dead

Back
Top Bottom