• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Somebody Robbed me =[

Because then every luny/criminal can get a gu
finally an understandable concern. in an environment where guns aren't prevelant everywhere.
here in the u.s. they are already in every criminals hands.

that said even in an environment where guns arent as prevalent, you still have to debate whether its worth it to take that almost guarantee just to offer protection from such facts as these;

"In the 20th Century:

• Governments murdered four times as many civilians as were killed in all the international and domestic wars combined.
  • Governments murdered millions more people than were killed by common criminals.
How could governments kill so many people? The governments had the power - and the people, the victims, were unable to resist. The victims were unarmed."

it seems you have finally posted a thought i could find sense in given it were referencing a environment of a place with low existing number of guns in the first place....even then though we are still only discussing our thoughts and not anything based in facts.

here are some more facts to consider, not necessarily supporting the thoughts we just had. (barring the u.s., of course).

take a good look at the graph;
GunCite-Gun Control-International Homicide Comparisons

also consider countries such as this one;
YouTube - Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World

personally, id prefer guns had never been invented, but then who am i to say how that would or wouldnt have changed history in a negative or positive way.
thoughts and opinions are not facts.....

Upvote 0
You plan to go into federal law enforcement? I'm pretty sure there is no "federal one" for "civilians."

I am a federally employed already :D

Alright so what would you guys/ girls (if any dare post here) what would be the best for personal protection... saying the person is totally new to guns but plans to learn and practice like everyone should, i would say a 9mm would be the best option...

Not a huge cal but enough to stop someone, IMO a .22 would piss someone off more than anything unless they hit the right area

Reactions: ballisticn8
Upvote 0
It wouldn['t be polite for me to answer in the affirmative. :D

I don't know whether you are stupid but considering that the GOP is bereft of ideas to improve the economy or the quality of life for most Americans, and has as leaders, elected and otherwise, the biggest collection of ignorant, race-baiting, ethnic-hating slimeballs I have ever seen in one political party in my adult lifehood...

Well...:rolleyes:

Which party are you talking about again? :rolleyes:

Obviously the Axis powers are an exception to this though, but I really dont get why this means every Canadian/European/American should own a lethal weapon in the twenty-first century

Almost every person in the world owns at least one lethal weapon. If you completely eradicate all guns from the face of the earth then you still have a list of lethal weapons over a mile long (that would be 1.609344 kilometers to you ;)).

Because then every luny/criminal can get a gu

Drugs are illegal in almost every country on the face of the planet, but I am willing to bet that every member of this forum knows of a place they could go to right this very minute and buy an illegal drug. If you say you don't, then you aren't thinking hard enough, because there is someone around you that has them or sells them and it doesn't matter where you live or how stiff the penalties are. The point is that people will get what they need want and the law is not going to stop them from doing so 100% of the time. There are still violent crimes in countries that have completely outlawed guns. There are also violent crimes with guns in countries that have outlawed guns. Criminals will get guns if they want them, just like underage kids will get beer. If people want it bad enough, there is a way to get them. It may be easier in the US than it is in other countries, but it doesn't change the reality of things.

faber is doing an excellent job...I wouldn't have put this much effort into this.

Yes he is.

Alright so what would you guys/ girls (if any dare post here) what would be the best for personal protection... saying the person is totally new to guns but plans to learn and practice like everyone should, i would say a 9mm would be the best option...

Not a huge cal but enough to stop someone, IMO a .22 would piss someone off more than anything unless they hit the right area

Please excuse me as I dare to post. :p

Personally, I carry a Glock 26 9mm, Glock 19 9mm and I also have a North Amercian Arms .32 that I carry when I can't conceal anything else. What I carry depends on what I am wearing, the weather and if I have my purse or not (yes it has a built in holster). We have a shotgun for the house and my girlfriend carries a Glock 26. BTW, we are both licensed.

I think that even a small caliber is better than nothing at all, but it really depends on what someone is comfortable carrying. The gun needs to sit comfortably in the hand and be a natural extension of the arm for the shooter. If that happens to be a .22 then so be it. Having a smaller caliber that you can shoot straight in a high stress situation is better than a bazooka that you can't hit the side of a barn with. I think that the ammo should also be within your price range since you should be feeding several hundred rounds down range before you start carrying it anyway and that can get REALLY expensive with larger calibers.

Awareness of your surroundings.

Also very true.

Reactions: Roxors
Upvote 0
.40 S&W. It's what you'd have if .45 ACP and 9mm had a baby.

Blech. Most .40 S&W's have too much muzzle flip for shooters who do not practice and train a lot, at least an hour of two every week.

I like SIGs and CZs in 9mm. Solid steel handguns, well-made, accurate, and easier to achieve proficiency than with a .40.

The Palin-Bachman Party of Uninformed Crazies, of course. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Blech. Most .40 S&W's have too much muzzle flip for shooters who do not practice and train a lot, at least an hour of two every week.

I like SIGs and CZs in 9mm. Solid steel handguns, well-made, accurate, and easier to achieve proficiency than with a .40.

I think the specs on the .40 are great, but I shoot my best with a 9mm.

The Palin-Bachman Party of Uninformed Crazies, of course. :rolleyes:
Really? It sounds like every politician in Washington these days. You can't honestly tell me that these things aren't done on both sides of the isle. If you really don't think so, then you may want to widen your range of vision a little.

Upvote 0
Please excuse me as I dare to post. :p....

I was hoping that would get someones attention :) i can always depend on you OTD to bring the other side to us (Vamp)
:D

I think the specs on the .40 are great, but I shoot my best with a 9mm.

Really? It sounds like every politician in Washington these days. You can't honestly tell me that these things aren't done on both sides of the isle. If you really don't think so, then you may want to widen your range of vision a little.

9 mm are easy as hell for me to shoot, i like that with Baretta 9mm's after you either cock it or shoot your first round the trigger goes from like 14-15 lbs to 5-6 lbs, makes it sooooo much easier to get all your shots where you need them to go.

do your Glocks have the same feature? (i am actually looking at getting glock 34/35 .40) for hunting reasons and for my wife to use at home for personal protection rather than my rifle that she can pull very quickly...

Though the (more) compact size of the 26/27 is appealing to me even though i am a pretty big boy. Guess i will just have to see what feels right to me :)

Side note I LOVE MY SECOND AMENDMENT:D

Reactions: ballisticn8
Upvote 0

Maybe they should learn not to limp-wrist their gun. lol

I've qualified with two different .40s; a Glock 23 (my carry gun), and a Baby Eagle. (LOVED that BE until it started to malf with just over 500 rounds through it.)

I'm not really trying to argue, I know that there's no one-size-fits-all.

Upvote 0
I was hoping that would get someones attention :) i can always depend on you OTD to bring the other side to us (Vamp)
:D

Well, I have to try and keep you boys in line. ;)

9 mm are easy as hell for me to shoot, i like that with Baretta 9mm's after you either cock it or shoot your first round the trigger goes from like 14-15 lbs to 5-6 lbs, makes it sooooo much easier to get all your shots where you need them to go.

do your Glocks have the same feature? (i am actually looking at getting glock 34/35 .40) for hunting reasons and for my wife to use at home for personal protection rather than my rifle that she can pull very quickly...

Though the (more) compact size of the 26/27 is appealing to me even though i am a pretty big boy. Guess i will just have to see what feels right to me :)

Side note I LOVE MY SECOND AMENDMENT:D

Glocks a DAO (Double action only) so you have the same trigger pull on each shot. To me, this makes my shooting very consistent. I read an article a long time ago that talked about picking the perfect handgun for carry/personal protection. It said that you should hold the gun (unloaded) in a ready position in front of you, pick a target across the room (picture on a wall) and with your eyes closed point the gun at the target. If you are lined up with the target properly between the sights when you open your eyes then this is the perfect carry gun for you. That is what I found with my Glocks. They fit my hand perfectly (I'm 5'9" so my hands aren't that big) and perform really well for me.

Maybe they should learn not to limp-wrist their gun. lol

I've qualified with two different .40s; a Glock 23 (my carry gun), and a Baby Eagle. (LOVED that BE until it started to malf with just over 500 rounds through it.)

I'm not really trying to argue, I know that there's no one-size-fits-all.

That is the reason I put about 500 rounds through every new gun I buy.

Upvote 0
Almost every person in the world owns at least one lethal weapon. If you completely eradicate all guns from the face of the earth then you still have a list of lethal weapons over a mile long (that would be 1.609344 kilometers to you ;)).
Indeed
But a gun is far more dangerous then say a knife or a car

And THX for KM ;)

Personally, I carry a Glock 26 9mm, Glock 19 9mm and I also have a North Amercian Arms .32 that I carry when I can't conceal anything else. What I carry depends on what I am wearing, the weather and if I have my purse or not (yes it has a built in holster). We have a shotgun for the house and my girlfriend carries a Glock 26. BTW, we are both licensed.
People shouldn't have to own guns
It creeps me out tbh, even though being a guy I think guns are eh "Maddy D

Upvote 0
Indeed
But a gun is far more dangerous then say a knife or a car

And THX for KM ;)

Actually, if you look at the figures cars are far more dangerous than guns. Both in the US and world wide.

People shouldn't have to own guns
It creeps me out tbh, even though being a guy I think guns are eh "Maddy D

Upvote 0

Drugs are illegal in almost every country on the face of the planet, but I am willing to bet that every member of this forum knows of a place they could go to right this very minute and buy an illegal drug. If you say you don't, then you aren't thinking hard enough, because there is someone around you that has them or sells them and it doesn't matter where you live or how stiff the penalties are. The point is that people will get what they need want and the law is not going to stop them from doing so 100% of the time. There are still violent crimes in countries that have completely outlawed guns. There are also violent crimes with guns in countries that have outlawed guns. Criminals will get guns if they want them, just like underage kids will get beer. If people want it bad enough, there is a way to get them. It may be easier in the US than it is in other countries, but it doesn't change the reality of things.

Yes he is.

Please excuse me as I dare to post. :p

I think that even a small caliber is better than nothing at all, but it really depends on what someone is comfortable carrying. The gun needs to sit comfortably in the hand and be a natural extension of the arm for the shooter. If that happens to be a .22 then so be it. Having a smaller caliber that you can shoot straight in a high stress situation is better than a bazooka that you can't hit the side of a barn with. I think that the ammo should also be within your price range since you should be feeding several hundred rounds down range before you start carrying it anyway and that can get REALLY expensive with larger calibers.

Also very true.
^i think i love you....:D

Actually, if you look at the figures cars are far more dangerous than guns. Both in the US and world wide.

^beat me to it....;)

Upvote 0
I was robbed when I was 16, I was walking home from school, I was kinda known as the " Hustle Man " at school, I always had chips/candy/water/juice for sell. At the time I had 2 Cell phones on me, one of them was at the time a 300$ Boost Mobile i885, and a crappy Tmobile Phone, I gave the Thieves around 20$ and the crappy Tmobile phone and ran to a store and called my pops, Now if They had found my i885, They would have to pri it over my dead body. <_<

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones