• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Somethings gone wrong

animal47

Been working fine all day and then out of the blue it wont allow me to connect to the Internet via the 3 network and it comes up with the message "your sim will only work in your phone" and then a load of rubbish about not being allowed to use the sim in a dongle or tablet.
So I am guessing that for some reason my phone is being seen by the network as not being a phone doh.
Any ideas as I have already tried removing sim and battery etc, the only thing not stock on my phone is the nova launcher but I cant see how that could be causing it. Everything else appears to be working fine and it still makes and receives calls ok.
I suppose I will have to ring 3 customer services later which will no doubt be a nightmare if past experiences are anything to go buy.

Hmm I've got that on my note 2 also. No problems with the s3. My only guess would be a problem with their network. Strange though.

It seems to be fixed now. A software update has just appeared so I'm going to guess that they were in the process of pushing it to the note 2.

It wasn't an issue with the note.

It was a problem with the 3 network that affected a large proportion of their customers.. I rang them this morning when it happened to me. I figured it might be a wide spread network issue when it took 20 minutes of hold to get through. They confirmed it when I got through.

Well good news that its not the note but poor that we couldn't be warned first so that I wouldn't have spent ages altering settings and pulling phone apart in an attempt to fix it.

@animal47:

It's not just Android users, I am a iPad user, and I got the same "your sim will only work in your phone" this morning.

But at the time, I had an iPhone SIM in my iPad. I think Three are now blocking people who are taking out unlimited data SIM's from their phone and putting the SIM's in their iPad's (or tablets).

The same thing has already happened in the US, where carriers are stopping people doing SIM swaps in order to get the best deal.

Anyone else getting anymore trouble with this as mine has been springing up with the no tethering page on and off all night on the browser but tapatalk still works sometimes.

Anyone else getting anymore trouble with this as mine has been springing up with the no tethering page on and off all night on the browser but tapatalk still works sometimes.

My wife is on 3 (and my old phone is until the end of Dec) and neither her phone or my old one have had any 3g signal since yesterday, and only a little bit of roaming phone signal here and there.

3 are useless, so glad I've gotten away from them.

Back
Top Bottom